• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Settings" button in Omni/Trilian?

Share/Bookmark

"Settings" button in Omni/Trilian?

Hopefully I haven't missed something obvious in the manuals or videos:

In Stylus RMX there is a "Settings" button, where if I have a part set up in the mixer and want to change it, I can retain all the FX and other things that I've done to the part. If this button is on it simply replaces everything in that part.

I can't seem to find the equivalent in Omni or Trilian. What I'm trying to do is:
    In Trilian & Omni, I've set up a part with FX and a "user" ARP with a mid groove dropped from RMX.
    I'm not happy with the Trilian patch and want to try others. Whenever I do this though I lose the FX rack and ARP settings - basically it's overwritten.

So, is there is similar button to the "Settings" button in RMX that would allow me to simply replace the sound/patch?

Hope I've made myself clear - it's a bit early in the day for me!
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: "Settings" button in Omni/Trilian?

There's nothing like that in Omnisphere. It's a lot more complicated in in Omnisphere since the settings ARE the sound. But, we're looking into ways to retain the arpeggiator settings for possible inclusion in a future update.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn - I thought it was me have another brain fade!
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Hi..It would be a great idea to have a part save feature in Omni as in RMX..JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

Basically...it's like loading/creating a patch...and then change the soundsource.

At least...that's how I see it...and might not be what you mean.

Neil - A good solution for that now is to Copy the Arp pattern and then as you select new patches, paste the pattern.

jon - We already have Save Part in Omnisphere, it's called "Save Patch" :-)

Patch is more standard terminology for this feature in a synth. But the functionality of Save Part in RMX and Save Patch in Omnisphere is identical.

Yes, thanks Eric for that.
    I have been doing as you say, but I just had an inkling that there was a "Settings" buton in Omni/Trilian somewhere.

I never thought that I would be grateful for a pile of broken ribs, but at least it's given me time to start getting into these mighty beasts.
    The Lord certainly moves in mysterious ways, His wonders to perform.

Thanks Eric & team for such brilliant products.

Neil B
    www.tonaleffects.co.uk
    Neil B

Hi Thanks Spec..I meant to say layer or rather to mean layer...Which I would feel is more along the line of part save in RMX,correct ?? JON
    Logic Pro8
    MacBook Pro intel
    Live8
    Reason4
    PTs 7.4

I try to read all these books you once read before and of course this time I promise myself not to disappear and read these lovely books by you, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jonkuzma View Post
    Hi Thanks Spec..I meant to say layer or rather to mean layer...Which I would feel is more along the line of part save in RMX,correct ?? JON
    No. Part Save and Patch Save are identical functions and work the same way.

Adding another level to the disc hierarchy for Layers would not be a good idea, since it would make it even more complex.

Go Back to forum