• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Oh no, this is going to be a long and frustrating Registration

Share/Bookmark

Oh no, this is going to be a long and frustrating Registration

Hi,
    I've just watched the new registering system video at Spectrasonics website. I filled out everything and clicked register. I'm being redirected over and over again to the page where it tells me to register:
    http://auth.spectrasonics.net/useracct/index.php

I'm thinking, does enabling cookies needs to be turned on for this registration to work? The video doesn't say anthing about that.

I received the email confirming my registration but I can't log in.

EDIT: I've enabled cookies and now I can log in. One down a couple more to go...

Is this going to be one of those nightmare registration processes?
    I don't even want to think how the updates are going to be like. For any case I've backed up my HD just in case the updates are going to fry my computer.

I'm contacting support now...
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Oh no, this is going to be a long and frustrating Registration

Not at all. You guys are jumping to all the wrong conclusions. :-)

Once your User Account is setup, getting Updates and Authorizations is WAY easier and faster than it used to be.

That's the point of why we made such a major change after all...to improve the system and make it much easier to use.

Note that we changed this system because we had thousands of requests over the years to convert to a system like this new one, where you don't have to remember your serial numbers...and all that's needed is a simple username/password to access your account.

The only complaints we have gotten about the new system is that some people don't want to have to change anything ever and don't want to take the time to have to set up their accounts. It's come as a surprise to some of our existing users (hence this thread).

Everyone that has done it so far and started using the new system has agreed that this new approach is far easier and a major improvement to our system - which is considered the best in the industry by many.

Agree...it's never been easier.

o.k., so a side from not being sure which update I should install first (software or patch), I guessed and installed the software first then patch. Then I re-registered Omnisphere which went smoothly (thank god/spectrum for that) and now Omni is working nicely (at least that's how it seems at first glance).
    I hope there will be a video tutorial on the new lite button.
    I also noticed that loading patches now is immediate. No waiting for the % bar to load. That's incredible. A 100% improvement.
    I read over at kvraudio how waiting for the patches to load up was a deal breaker for some.

Question: when I upgrade to a 64 bit system, how will Omnisphere know to run the 64 bit version? Is it automatic or will I need to do anything?

Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    o.k., so a side from not being sure which update I should install first (software or patch), I guessed and installed the software first then patch.
    Doesn't matter which order they are installed.

Then I re-registered Omnisphere which went smoothly (thank god/spectrum for that) and now Omni is working nicely (at least that's how it seems at first glance).
    See? Better system now. :-)

I hope there will be a video tutorial on the new lite button.
    We will make one. For now, you can check out the info in the Trilian Ref Guide:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/tri...w/page05b.html

Question: when I upgrade to a 64 bit system, how will Omnisphere know to run the 64 bit version? Is it automatic or will I need to do anything?
    Two plug-ins are installed. The 64-bit host will know to use the 64-bit plug-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Quote : Not at all. You guys are jumping to all the wrong conclusions.

Maybe so Eric,but I would not buy Trilian on that basis.
    I had enough of Spectra .
    Sorry..but true.
    ?? You won't buy Trilian because we improved our system to make it easier for our Users?

Dutch, it appears as if you hate the world and that's fine, but just so you know, your belligerent and rude posts, sarcastic comments and stuff addressed to Eric such as "I figured that Eric. You don't know either. Do you?
    So..I was just lucky to get things working. In that case..no thanks to you or your tech support. Right?
    " really aren't winning you many friends around here. I suggest that perhaps once in a blue moon some company may warrant that sort of attitude, but Spectrasonics sure doesn't, and I for one feel Eric has earned the respect of most forum members AND countless other happy users of Spectrasonic products. In any case, by now you've made your point, I'm sure, so personally I would suggest it's now time to 'give it a rest', and let's return to the subject of the thread...the new and improved registration system at Spectrasonics ........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Well said playz123.

As far as the new registration goes - it wasn't too bad before and it's much better now.

The only thing I would appreciate though Eric is some form of automatic email notification when upgrades are available for the products that we own.

I, and many others, don't have our music pc's attached to the net and so we can't "click to check for updates". We depend on word of mouth on forums such as these.
    This is not a criticism though by any means, perhaps just a simple request for what would probably be major work for you guys.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Quote Originally Posted by NeilB View Post
    Well said playz123.

As far as the new registration goes - it wasn't too bad before and it's much better now.
    Great!:-)

The only thing I would appreciate though Eric is some form of automatic email notification when upgrades are available for the products that we own.

I, and many others, don't have our music pc's attached to the net and so we can't "click to check for updates". We depend on word of mouth on forums such as these.
    That's what we use our Twitter site for:

http://www.twitter.com/spectrasonics

Use the RSS feed there. I highly recommend using that feature if you want to be up to date and be notified directly with all of our news. Based on user feedback, we intentionally don't use the mass email approach unless it's some really big news.

I'm either getting old or indifferent Eric - I've not got around to finding out what Twitter is yet
    I'll have a look into it, so yes, you've answered my request really.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Go Back to forum