• Register
  • Help

Topic: Finally installed SL/Logic 9

Share/Bookmark

Finally installed SL/Logic 9

So I have been testing Logic 9 out on my Macbook Pro and so far so good. I have been loading old songs that have a good amount of plug-ins. So far East West Play looks good. I have a song that uses a 70 piece orchestra, chiors, brass, storm drums etc. It handled it very well. So I loaded up a another song that had 33 tracks. 14 vocal tracks, 19 midi tracks, 7 of them where Omnisphere. This is where I got the memory warning. It wouldn't let me play 1 out of the 7 Omnisphere tracks but everything else was good to go. Im not sure what to make of it not being able to play that one Omnisphere track, but hey so far this is better then I expected.

Just thought this would help the people who are still nervous to jump into SL/Logic 9.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Re: Finally installed SL/Logic 9

Thanks Plus. Sounds cool.

I'm close to doing that as well with a similar system. Still hanging with Logic 8 till then.

ms

Re: Finally installed SL/Logic 9

Also I was working today and loaded up Trilian and already had almost 20 tracks. When I went to Omnisphere it would not let me load it. I thought maybe I should shut down Logic and reopen it. Well that worked and Omnisphere was good to go but I didn't push it. I got the work done but I tip toe around Logic 9. Hope this helps... Maybe a update will from Apple will fix this memory issue, or we will have to wait for 64 bit. Until then just be aware that Logic 9 is sensitive to Omnisphere and Trilian.
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Go Back to forum