• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 20 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Your Thoughts and Prayers for the Garritans...

Orcas Island

Post Your Thoughts and Prayers for the Garritans...

My Friends,

Some of you have been wondering where I have been recently. This is not the kind of update I wish to write, and I do wish I had happier news to report. But there is something very important I need to share with you.

Recently my wife, Marianne, was diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer. Many of you know Marianne as the warm, cheerful voice you hear when you call us; and she is a partner and part of the very backbone of our company.

Cancer strikes almost every family, and I know that many of you, your families or loved ones have been directly affected by this disease. Although there are more cancer survivors every day, it's uncertain ground and a terrifying diagnosis to face. One never fully knows the outcome or consequences, even after surgery and often lengthy treatment.

But cancer can be beaten -- and we need to do everything in our power to fight this disease. You don't take halfway measures with this, because there's often no second chance; and we will be devoting every effort over the forthcoming months to that end.

Marianne is receiving excellent medical attention, of course. But we also need your support, the prayers and strength and positive thoughts of our friends and family in this community. We truly believe caring thoughts and prayers help.

The next several months are going to be very difficult, and I must devote substantially all of my time toward helping Marianne have the best chances of beating this; so if you post or email and don't receive an answer from me, please understand. My fulltime job right now is helping Marianne get well.

Usually at this time of year we have a holiday sale, a newsletter, announcements, NAMM plans, and so on -- but they may have to wait this time. Things will not be operating normal for a short time and much of daily operations will be on hold.

Dan is taking care of the Christmas album. Tony, Jeff, the moderators and others will pick up much of the slack. What we have in this forum is something special, and one of the best things you can do for us is keep the community thriving and at its best during this time. Be kind. Take care of each other. This is a family.

We don't know what the outcome will be. But with Marianne's strength and attitude, the best doctors, proper treatment, good care, and providence -- together with your healing thoughts and prayers -- there is a chance at beating this.

I'll be here when I can. And when things are back to normal, we'll be stronger than ever.

Please keep the Garritan family in your thoughts and prayers.

Wishing you and yours all the best,

Re: Your Thoughts and Prayers for the Garritans...

Gary, you and Marianne and your family will continue to not only be in my prayers, but also on my mind almost constantly.

Sometimes life isn't fair, BUT GOD is, my family and I will trust Him for her strength and healing, and rest for you.

Gary, I can only offer you and Marianne my most profound wishes of a speedy and full recovery.

No one can expect anything less from you than your full devotion to the most important person in your life. It is completely understandable. Please give her your complete support, and know that - whether we are far or near - we are there for you both, in thought and in prayer, and hopefully our moral support will help.

Hugs and kisses and anything else we can send your way to help.

My prayers and blessings. God speed for a cure. My wife and I will pray for you.

We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Dear Gary and Marianne,

You both will be in my prayers every evening, without fail.

My sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery, my friends.

All the best,

David Sosnowski

Gary and Marianne,

You are in my prayers. Godspeed for a quick and full recovery.
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

Gary and Marriane you have all my thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery. A full recovery without reccurings, without further problems, without... It is possible, I know it is, so I will keeping wishing for that.

Marianne & Gary,

I am so sorry to read this. You both are in my prayers.

My sincere wishes for a full and speedy recovery, my friends.

All my best,

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Gary and Marianne,

We're so sorry that you're having to face this hardship. We know that you'll find strength in your love for each other, strength from your faith and from the tremendous amount of love and support from the people here who are your friends and extra-extended family.

You'll both will be in our thoughts and prayers Please do your best to stay strong and positive!

If we can be of help, please let us know.

Please take care and God Bless!

Steph and Aaron

I, too, offer my sincere wishes. I know a person who is presently suffering from pancreatic cancer, and it's quite depressing to watch the fight. Just keep pushing to survive and you will survive. You also have an entire community of people, many of who you have given support to, willing to offer support of a different variety in return.

Don't ever look at life as bleak. There is always a better moment just around the corner.

Make sure Marianne has the best doctors available. And do not worry about taking time off to be with her. Give her as much support as you can. We are here to help not as a community of users, but as friends. You two will get through this. You both have the ambition along with the added support of many. I also offer you my sincerest wishes.

Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Go Back to forum