• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics support procedure?

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics support procedure?

Hi, I am only posting this because I'm a bit surprised that I sent an email to info@spectrasonics.net last Tues. requesting some installation aid and still have not received a reply. I have sent 2 follow-up emails since and still nothing.

I guess I'm wondering if I'm not using the correct method for contacting for technical support because Spectrasonics has always been lightning quick at getting back to me in the past.

Has anyone else received a support reply from Spectrasonics this week?
    Thanks

Re: Spectrasonics support procedure?

I haven't received an answer but I only sent them an email 4 days ago.
    Someone else here sent them an email on the 16th and still has not received a reply either.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Apologies for the unusually long delay in our email responses right now. The standard turnaround time for support emails is about 1-2 business days, but it's longer than that right now.

The support load is very heavy right now with the release of so many new things simultaneously, plus the American Thanksgiving holiday last week.

However, we are working hard to close the gap and are close to catching up this week and you should receive an email reply shortly.

Thanks Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    I haven't received an answer but I only sent them an email 4 days ago.
    Someone else here sent them an email on the 16th and still has not received a reply either.

That was me, but after Glenn's response not sure if the email response will add anything positive :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by magnumpraw View Post
    Hi, I am only posting this because I'm a bit surprised that I sent an email to info@spectrasonics.net last Tues. requesting some installation aid and still have not received a reply. I have sent 2 follow-up emails since and still nothing.

I guess I'm wondering if I'm not using the correct method for contacting for technical support because Spectrasonics has always been lightning quick at getting back to me in the past.

Has anyone else received a support reply from Spectrasonics this week?
    Thanks
    When you send an email to info@spectrasonics.net you should first get an automatic reply in a moment, then you can be sure you've done everything right and they got your email.

I can't even imagine how flooded they are right now when I for example see how it looks just here on NS

But to answer your other question, I sent them an email recently and were replied within 1 business day.
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

It is an odd thing. 1 week before trilian was released I had failed to get omni working properly. The Spectro FAQ helped but with 15 or so recommended changes to how win xp worked I have no idea which was the critical change - but it worked. Now Trilian plays fine and omni 1.1 does the same. My 3Gb switch is intact and I can get virtually 3 GB of sounds + GUI in cubase

I have broken trilian and omni 1.1 lots but for quite a different reason - I tend to put 1 too many patches in a multi and the lot cascades down into noise - there is a big difference in being an amateur sound designer and the real thing.

I recommend spending a day in the FAQ - there is a lot of good stuff there that may answer a problem quicker than the support line

Well my issue is not technical, but actually a very easy and quickly remedied one regarding authorization, but there is nothing I can do on my end but wait.

I know there were a couple of holiday days last week, but I'm at 8 days now with not even an acknowledgment yet which, as I said before, is not usually like Spectrasonics.

I hope they are getting caught up.

Heard back from spectrasonics. Problem resolved in their typically professional and helpful way.

Thanks guys.
    Hope you can catch your breaths soon.

Go Back to forum