• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Broadway Big Band price reduction....still too high?

Share/Bookmark

Broadway Big Band price reduction....still too high?

http://www.bestservice.de/actual.asp...and_30_off_/en

I am very happy they reduced the price....however....maybe its still a bit too high....

I'll still buy it nevertheless.....even though Halion is the satan of the sampling world

What do you guys think?

Thumbs up Re: Broadway Big Band price reduction....still too high?

Hi.
    I bought BBB 4 days a go at same price!..I think the offer already ended yesterday I am not sure! even it is out of stock at Best Service! but you can try..Really it worth the price the sounds (WoW) are amazing in my opinion it is the best..As Sonivox support said there is a new update will release soon!.

Shakuman.

Re: Broadway Big Band price reduction....still too high?

The sound of the library is excellent, but I cannot understand why they insist on clinging to the Halion player.
    For me that is a BIG stumbling block. Well, that, and the price.

I also don't understand why they have not considered doing lite versions, or single instruments downloads as a way for people to gradually upgrade to the full library.

The most curious thing for me with Sonivox is their apparent lack of development with their flagship products. Their orchestral library has been out for a long time and hasn't seen any real development. Of course "good sound never becomes obsolete" and I hear that their strings are lovely but with all of the competition out there today you'd think they'd make a few additions to at least get it back on everyone's radar. Pllus, IMHO, the price is just too high now compared to the competition.

Same goes for BBB. They took on one of the most challenging sample soundsets and, again did a great job but I haven't heard much about it since it's release. The price is also pretty high considering it's an "all or nothing" purchase. As mentioned in a post above it might be great for them to break it up and sell it in smaller, more affordable, chunks.

2 cents,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by Jan View Post
    The sound of the library is excellent, but I cannot understand why they insist on clinging to the Halion player.
    For me that is a BIG stumbling block. Well, that, and the price.
    They have stated many times that the reason they chose Halion was that out of all the sample player developers, only Steinberg was willing to work with them and give them the features they needed. Therefore I would imagine that they have a contract with Steinberg. The blame goes to Native instruments, and the others, for not jumping in when they had the chance.

D

They have stated many times that the reason they chose Halion was that out of all the sample player developers, only Steinberg was willing to work with them and give them the features they needed. Therefore I would imagine that they have a contract with Steinberg. The blame goes to Native instruments, and the others, for not jumping in when they had the chance.
    If they have a binding exclusive contract with Steinberg it's a great pity, because Kontakt with its scripting engine offers so many possibilities for this library.

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler View Post
    http://www.bestservice.de/actual.asp...and_30_off_/en

I am very happy they reduced the price....however....maybe its still a bit too high....

I'll still buy it nevertheless.....even though Halion is the satan of the sampling world

What do you guys think?

BBB is one of the best sampler library I have. From a simple jazz solo to full big band, I open it. Of course, the software is basic but on the forum, they talk about a new update (what's the release date ?). Anyway, I really like it ! And there's a good blend with the VSL instruments.
    Mathieu Laprise
    www.studiosonomax.com

The folks at Sonivox are very nice. But the price on this title is w-a-y out of my price range (even on sale) and the sample player is pure evil.

They make other sample libraries in Kontakt and soundfont formats at much more reasonable prices. It seems to me that they are shooting themselves in the foot with the high price tag and restricting it to only one sample format.

Allegro Data Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by ejr View Post
    The folks at Sonivox are very nice. But the price on this title is w-a-y out of my price range (even on sale) and the sample player is pure evil.

They make other sample libraries in Kontakt and soundfont formats at much more reasonable prices. It seems to me that they are shooting themselves in the foot with the high price tag and restricting it to only one sample format.
    I think there's some misunderstanding here. Sonivox is just the distributor for BBB. The developer is www.fablesounds.com .

/Yoss

Go Back to forum