• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO freezes with Cubase PC - update available?

Share/Bookmark

GPO freezes with Cubase PC - update available?

Hello David (Plogue), I’m using GPO Aria on a music-tweaked desktop running WinXP and Cubase 5. My system is solid and I’m pleased to see that a variety of VSTIs and fx plugins work nice with each other.

Here’s my problem: After a few minutes of editing midi notes and playing and stopping the song, I hear a stuttering, similar to a loop that won't stop. Cubase is then essentially stuck, unresponsive, frozen. I’m obliged to completely shut down manually. If nothing was saved, I lose the changes.

I’m curious to know whether an update is available (and if so, how to access it). Many thanks! Richard

Re: GPO freezes with Cubase PC - update available?

If you are not already using the Cubase 5.1 update, download it from www.steinberg.net

That may help you.

Steve
    Steve Milward
    Cubase 5.1/GPO4/Trilogy/Saxlab/Halion 2/Groove Agent 2/Many Soft Synths/SM58
    http://www.milward.org.uk/music

Thanks, Steve. I have the 5.1 update (although not the very latest that arrived sometime this past summer, I believe). I am looking forward to Steinberg's December release.

I'm using much the same system, latest Cubase 5, GPO with Aria, no problems, might it be your computer.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum