• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Solo cello demo

Share/Bookmark

Solo cello demo

Here's a demo with some tzigane flavors for solo cello. I may add, done on a single track.

http://www.guybacos.com/audio/solo%20cello%20demo.mp3

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Thanks for listening.

Guy
    http://www.guybacos.com/

Re: Solo cello demo

one of the most moving pieces for cello is Shostakovitch`s cello concerto...rostropovitch on cello..youve captured some of that stuff........awesome..........

Hi Guy, that was great, great performance... Which instrument are you using, is this the solo cello from the solo strings vsl collection or from the orchestral collection?

Guy
    you are a onemandemoarmy!
    we must be twins seperated at birth..........

Hans

Quote Originally Posted by voxosoxo View Post
    one of the most moving pieces for cello is Shostakovitch`s cello concerto...rostropovitch on cello..youve captured some of that stuff........awesome..........
    Thanks voxosoxo, that's a huge compliment!

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro View Post
    Hi Guy, that was great, great performance... Which instrument are you using, is this the solo cello from the solo strings vsl collection or from the orchestral collection?
    Thanks tradivoro! I'm embarrassed to not know the answer to your question, I didn't know there was more than one solo cello lib. It must be the 1st one to come out, I've had it a long time in VI.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Guy
    you are a onemandemoarmy!
    we must be twins seperated at birth..........

Hans

That's a big word and have no idea what it means.

Hey Guy,

This is really good. Are you going to post at vsl with a tutorial including the midi file? I'd really like to see how you use the articulations to get some of these sounds, truly impressive. Thanks,

Paul

Thanks! It is part of the video-demo series, so you should see it on the VSL site before the end of the month.

Really good and expressive,
    your music, performance and programming really make the VSL cello come to life....
    Hats up Guy !

I remember (long ago) we had a little argument on another forum because I found your use or reverb on a sax demo not to my taste, but I must say that since that time, I listened to many of your newer compositions, and no longer have anything negative to say about the way you "wet" your music.

Keep up the good work !

Pretty nice.

Some of the intervallic jumps are too clean, should have a bit of a slide into the notes.
    Still think there could be more dynamic changes between some of your notes when playing a line. A bit too even.

My 2 cents!

Mr. A.
    Nuendo 3/ Cubase 4.5 on XP sp2 QuadCore 2.66 Ghz VisionDaw Built DAW RME HDSP 96/52 into ProTools HD3 (digi192x6) on MacPro 3 Ghz... Farm PCs x (6) VisionDaw Machines PC Dual 2.66 Ghz w- Kontakt 3.5 w/ UAD Cards Midi Over Lan

Go Back to forum