• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere sound creations tips?

Share/Bookmark

Question Omnisphere sound creations tips?

Hello,
    I'm a budding musician struggling to wrap my mind around sound creation, specifically with Omnisphere.

I'm a big fan of Jean Michel Jarre's music. Those of you who are familiar with his work know that he likes analog-type bleeps and ascending/descending tones that seem to stretch forever across a chord. I've been wanting to make similar sounds, but I'm not sure where to start. Anybody has any tips on how I should set up the oscillators, LFOs and such?

Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Didier

Re: Omnisphere sound creations tips?

Not really familiar with Jarre but analog synthbleeps can be done with high resonance settings on a lowpassfilter.
    Sweep the cutofffrequency with an envelope or LFO.
    But beware of the noise-turn down the volume when you experiement with high resonance values.
    You can determine the speed of the sweep with the decaytime (set sustain to zero) of the filter envelope or the rate of the LFO.
    A Sample&Hold waveform of the LFO synchronized to 16th notes and applied to cutoff or pitch will give you the typical mad scientist laboratory sound.

happy soundesigning!

Thumbs up Re: Omnisphere sound creations tips?

That's awesome. That's exactly the type of info I was looking for. I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    Not really familiar with Jarre but analog synthbleeps can be done with high resonance settings on a lowpassfilter.
    Sweep the cutofffrequency with an envelope or LFO.
    But beware of the noise-turn down the volume when you experiement with high resonance values.
    You can determine the speed of the sweep with the decaytime (set sustain to zero) of the filter envelope or the rate of the LFO.
    A Sample&Hold waveform of the LFO synchronized to 16th notes and applied to cutoff or pitch will give you the typical mad scientist laboratory sound.

happy soundesigning!

Re: Omnisphere sound creations tips?

Hmm, OK, so I guess I'm an idiot. What I end up with sounds like a bee on crack. I'm going to check out the Omnisphere tutorial and see if I can make sense of that.

Tips and tricks are always welcome, of course.

Didier

Quote Originally Posted by didierBahuaud View Post
    That's awesome. That's exactly the type of info I was looking for. I really appreciate it.
    "The difference between noise and music is intention." Jean Michel Jarre

Go Back to forum