• Register
  • Help

Topic: UK Daw Builder

Share/Bookmark

UK Daw Builder

Can anyone recommend one? I was supposed to be having one built by Peter at PAQ, but he's been ill for a while, and hasn't replied to any emails for a while. This is sad, as I really wanted him to build it as he has a great reputation.

Anyway, I need a builder who can advise as to best set-up / components, as well as build the DAW.

Re: UK Daw Builder

I'm also planning to build a new professional music production computer. I've collected a set of components and I would like to hear opinions and suggestions about it.

The set:
    Processor: Intel Core i7 920 2,66GHz
    Motherboard: Asus P6T
    Memory: 3 x Kingston HyperX 4GB (2x2GB) 1333MHz DDR3 CL7
    Storage 1 (for OS and programs): 1 x WD Caviar 640GB S-ATA 3.0 GB/s 32MB
    Storage 2 (for sample libaries): WD Caviar 1TB SATAII 32MB
    Storage 3 (for projects): WD Caviar 1TB SATAII 32MB
    Case: Antec P193
    Power supply unit: Nexus RX-1K 1000W

Software I use (currently on a Mac):
    Cubase 5
    Halion Symphony Orchestra
    Reason 3
    NI Komplete 6

Hardware I use:
    Mackie Onyx Satellite -firewire soundcard
    M-Audio Keyboard 88es -midi keyboard

Re: UK Daw Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Sarobin View Post
    Can anyone recommend one? I was supposed to be having one built by Peter at PAQ, but he's been ill for a while, and hasn't replied to any emails for a while. This is sad, as I really wanted him to build it as he has a great reputation.

Anyway, I need a builder who can advise as to best set-up / components, as well as build the DAW.
    If you are unsure of the spec you want, then take a look at dv247.com for a couple of ideas. Make a note of these and contact Novatech (a few branches around the country) and get them to build it for you. I think that Novatech build the dv247 systems anyway, as the components look to be identically sourced. I've just done this and saved a few £££'s, since I already had components like a DVD Writer, top end graphics card, a decent sound card and most of the bundled software. I contacted dv247, (where I have bought 90% of my software), but they couldn't be bothered to respond (and I'm still waiting 6 weeks later)! In the end, I actually purchased what Novatech call a 'bare bones' PC - this consisted of a quality case (including fans), Power supply, Top end mother board, power supply, Intel i7 920 (incl. fitted cooling fan) and 6Gb RAM - all wired up ready for you to add your Hard drives and PCI/PCIe boards to. All of this plus free lifetime tech support from Novatech (obviously only on the bits they supply). I've got to say that the whole process went seemlessly and my 'customer experience' (sorry) was great.

JB
    Win 7 (64 bit). i7 920, 6Gb RAM, 2 x Seagate 1 Tb 64Mb Hard Drives. Cubase 5, Kontakt 4, EWQL Colossus, EWQL Symphonic Choirs, EWQL Ra, GPO 2, Sample Logic Elements, Heavyocity Evolve, Omnisphere, e-mu 1212m, nVidea 7800 GTX Graphics.

Go Back to forum