• Register
  • Help

Topic: Soundsource info cuts off information

Share/Bookmark

Soundsource info cuts off information

In Trilian and also in Omnisphere since the latest update, the soundsource description cuts off words, and I can't read everything that it says

For example, the Chapman Stick info says

"He set out to create an instrument design...for the "Free Hands" tapping method of both hands paralle to the frets t...he invented in 1969..."

I know its not a huge deal, Omnisphere and Trilian are running perfectly smooth. I just thought I'd let Spectrasonics know for the next updates. Your instruments are incredible ... thank you so much!

Re: Soundsource info cuts off information

Hello, Truelight,

I was wondering: Where are the cutoff words happening? In the main browser window or in the "zoomed in" view of the info? If it's in the main browser, then I don't think it's a glitch. The info preview area accommodates only a few lines, so if the description is longer you will get a truncated paragraph.

Click on the (+) symbol to open up the full view of the info. You *should* be able to read the complete description there. If not, I don't know what could be causing the problem. Normally, I'd say a font issue, but that would be weird in a music package.

Good luck.

D.

Quote Originally Posted by truelight View Post
    In Trilian and also in Omnisphere since the latest update, the soundsource description cuts off words, and I can't read everything that it says

For example, the Chapman Stick info says

"He set out to create an instrument design...for the "Free Hands" tapping method of both hands paralle to the frets t...he invented in 1969..."

I know its not a huge deal, Omnisphere and Trilian are running perfectly smooth. I just thought I'd let Spectrasonics know for the next updates. Your instruments are incredible ... thank you so much!
    "The difference between noise and music is intention." Jean Michel Jarre

The zoomed in soundsource info is what is showing the cut off information

here's an uploaded screenshot

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3...sourcezoom.png

all the soundsources have the same problem

Unhappy Re: Soundsource info cuts off information

Hello again, Truelight,

It turns out I have the same problem. I hadn't looked at the info closely before so I hadn't noticed. Good eye, Truelight! From your screenshot, it looks like you are on Mac OS X whereas I'm on Windoze, so we can rule out operating system peculiarities. It's starting to look like a formatting glitch on Spectrasonics' end. It's unfortunate, but at least we can guess what the missing words are -- and as you mentioned in your original post, the sounds *are* sweet.

Let's hope a Trillian upgrade will fix the text issue. It would be a shame to let something so small tarnish such a great package.

-- D.

Quote Originally Posted by truelight View Post
    The zoomed in soundsource info is what is showing the cut off information

here's an uploaded screenshot

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3...sourcezoom.png

all the soundsources have the same problem
    "The difference between noise and music is intention." Jean Michel Jarre

Oh, I have noticed this as well, months ago - in Omnisphere - so it isn't just a Trilian thing either. But it happens only in some (not many) of the desciptions. And although it surely isn't a serious problem (I didn't even write to spectra about it) I wonder what this "bug" really is...
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View my profile at NorthernSounds.net
    and visit my homesite: www.henrykiwan.com

It actually didn't happen to me until the last update or so ... Trilian was also normal at first. But for me now it seems all or most Soundsources have their info cut off ... If this has happened for you for months it must be an issue other than just Spectrasonics software

Go Back to forum