• Register
  • Help

Topic: Is there a way to save mp3's off the Garritan site?

Share/Bookmark

Question Is there a way to save mp3's off the Garritan site?

I was listening through the Garritan.com site, and found so much material that I would like to download and keep in my mp3 player - if they are legitimately available. But, it seems all I can do is play back, not save.

Any insights from anyone?

Trond

Re: Is there a way to save mp3's off the Garritan site?

Well, if it turns out that they're in fact legitimately available, I'll chime in with some methods of saving them. Let's wait and see what those in authority say.
    $1.59 Web Hosting! WinningHosting.com offers affordable web hosting for sites of all sizes with plans starting at $1.59/month!
    Compare all our great plans to find the one that's best for you!

Key, Trond, which mp3s are you talking about? The Christmas ones are all available freely for download, and pretty much everything with an mp3 link (rather than a dedicated streaming player) are fair game. Just right click on the link and pick "Save As" (IE) or "Save Link As" (Firefox).

When you not want to sell them, I think you are allowed to download all pieces on Gary`s website.
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Usually a right click and save target should work if a download is permissible, otherwise, you would not see the save target option.

However, just checking the site, I have noticed that the flash player is now used on the demo page, whereas before you could do the right click option, which I did.

Assuming you want the files for personal use, a second option I have used in the past is to simply record the song as it is played and save as an mp3. Any recording DAW could be used, or a free program like Audacity.

Since these files were available in the past for download, they should be available now as well ... one might assume ...
    Wider is better.

Dominick,

Thanks. Yes, my interest is purely personal, to add the pieces to my mp3 player to listen to on my many long airplane flights.

The ones I am interested in are played from the site, and there is no apparent right click and save approach. Recording seems like such a cumbersome approach. Is this what Gary intended?

Thanks for the help,
    Trond

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana View Post
    Dominick,

Thanks. Yes, my interest is purely personal, to add the pieces to my mp3 player to listen to on my many long airplane flights.

The ones I am interested in are played from the site, and there is no apparent right click and save approach. Recording seems like such a cumbersome approach. Is this what Gary intended?

Thanks for the help,
    Trond
    I forgot I downloaded all the samples when I first discovered this site last year, and most of the selections have a title and/or artist name. If you send me a PM with a list of what you want to hear, I could send them to you with a couple e-mails.

Looking over my files, it appears that many of the demos were on the old Garritan demo page, but there are considerably more than that from the old demo page. I imagine some of the best were just migrated to the new demo page, or maybe re-rendered by running them through the Aria player effects and controls; however, I would guess that most of the samples would otherwise remain the same.

If you want all the old demos, I could burn them on a DVD and send them to you - there are 420 files and about 1.8 GBs of music - bit rates vary, with most at 128 kbps to 192 kbps and above.
    Wider is better.

Go Back to forum