• Register
  • Help

Topic: Some of my works

Some of my works

Hello people,

Here are some of my orchestral works.

Works from me:
    - Tiny overture in C major: Ouverture minuscule.mp3. I wrote this in 1 day.
    - Overture n°2 for 2 french horns and orchestra: Ouverture n°2.mp3. I wrote this in 1h.

Works from Strauss (father & son):
    - Perpetuum mobile: Perpetuum mobile.mp3
    - Unter Donner und Blitz: Unter Donner und Blitz.mp3
    - Radetzky Marsch: Radetzky Marsch.mp3. This is my most recent work.

Works from Carl Orff:
    - Carmina Burana: O Fortuna: O Fortuna.mp3. This one is my first test with symphonic choirs.

Works from John Williams:
    - Viktor's tale, music from the movie "The Terminal": Viktor's tale.mp3
    - Raiders March, theme from Indiana Jones: Raiders March.mp3

These works were not rendered with GPO but EWQLSO and EWQLSC (for O Fortuna). I just bought GPO today, I need to explore GPO first.

Let me know what you think of my works.

Best regards,

There is no spoon.

Re: Some of my works

I really enjoyed your Ouverture minuscule ... very nice work!
    Thanks for the others; brings back some nice memories .... "Doctor Jones!"

"...Wiktor's a Jekyll-Hyde personality..." - Lycos Music

Quote Originally Posted by boulifb View Post

These works were not rendered with GPO...
    Gary Garritan pays for this forum. It is for the promotion of his company and his sample libraries. It is not kosher to post something that doesn't include at least some Garritan samples.

Larry G. Alexander

Nice things. I also liked the first overture, but I didn't have time to listen to everything...

O Fortuna starts pretty strong, and ends strong too (although I think the trumpets should play the final bars in major), but the choir is weaker in the soft parts. But it's nice to hear how far this technology has come.

The Raider's March is nearly perfect, but it lacks a bit bottom end, and I don't mean the drums. The Radetzky March too, in my ears. It's difficult to achieve sounding natural, I know, but the bass instruments could be stronger. Then again, perhaps other people see it differently, because I'm quiet partial to a good bass line (Bach!). But really nice renderings.

Thanks for your replies.

I'm working on some pieces that will be fully rendered with GPO. Give me time to work on these pieces.

I wanted to post these works to show you my humble orchestrations skills in creation and recreation.

I'm glad you enjoyed my few works.

Be patient for some GPO works. They will come soon. The time for me to enter the notes, work them and mix.
    There is no spoon.

Southern Ontario, Canada

Hello Fred;
    "I wanted to post these works to show you my humble orchestrations skills in creation and recreation."
    You are far to humble as your work is very good and each time, captures and fully presents the spirit of the thing, and I do believe that is the point. Can't wait to hear your use of GPO!!
    Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Go Back to forum