• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Greater Opening - feat. Gofriller cello

Share/Bookmark

A Greater Opening - feat. Gofriller cello

Hi all,

Its been a while since Ive posted any music here, though I often listen in.

I did a quick mock up of a theme idea yesterday and it features a Gofriller cello solo so i thought id share it here for you to enjoy/comment upon. Any advice is most welcome

A Greater Opening

Features a few products by other companies too, but the cello solo is prominent when it enters.

Its by no means perfect, there are many tiny things id like to change. Hope you enjoy it tho. Ive got to go back to writing corporate video music now

Thanks

Benedict

Re: The Greater Opening - feat. Gofriller cello

Oh wow, epic.

Sounds really really good! Just a few balance problems here and there, but not a big deal.

Thanks for posting.

-Daniel
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Quote Originally Posted by DanielB View Post
    Oh wow, epic.

Sounds really really good! Just a few balance problems here and there, but not a big deal.

Thanks for posting.

-Daniel
    Thanks Daniel. What suggestions would you make about the balance? I have a few things I have in mind, but would be interesting to see if your opinion differs.

Thanks

Hi Benedict;
    Sure, that works for me! I can see Hannibal crossing the Alps with snow blowing everywhere and elephants bellowing and all very cinematic and majestic sounding. I quite like this EWSC.

Thanks for sharing!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

hmmm, the opening mildly reminded me of the opening to the score of "The Day After Tomorrow". Not a bad thing, as that score is one of my favourite guilty pleasures.

When the drums and chorus come in it has a "new film music" sound to it. I don't know if I like it or not. It would make good music for a film, but I don't think I'd go to a concert to hear it.

If your goal is to write music for film/games, then you are on the right track.

sd cisco:
    Many thanks for your kind words! Im glad it conjured up images for you,that is quite a compliment for me, as it is my hope/dream to write for 'big' films someday.

qccowboy:
    Thanks again, i'll have a listen to that soundtrack, as Im not familiar with it. The drums entrance and style was inspired by a game soundtrack actually...its called Gears of War and has some quite frankly brilliant orchestral writing in it. (So does God of War II if anyone is interested...and Dark Space...)

Yup its my aim to write for 'big' films someday. I already have done some work, having written for some short films, animations, TV shows, games and that kind of thing, but over the last year I stopped that to focus on releasing an album. Now thats done i have a little more time to just write what i like for a bit. My styles vary hugely though. If had the opportunity to write a concert piece for an orchestra, I definitely wouldn't write something like what Ive posted here.

Thanks again for your responses guys.

Go Back to forum