• Register
  • Help

Topic: RMX Expansions

Share/Bookmark

RMX Expansions

Has anyone experience of the following RMX expansion packs - I've got a bit of birthday money burning a hole in my pocket!

http://www.esoundz.com/downloads.php?pnms=1
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: RMX Expansions

some of them are cool like the Gadd and the Danny Gottlieb.
    Others are a mixed bag like the Bozzio and the Bruford.
    Some of the odd time loops were rexed in 4/4 and add empty space at the end of the loop.
    In general the soundquality and rexquality doesnt compete with the original xpanders but it is nice to have some Gadd or Gottlieb at your disposal.

I have two of their products.....

RAW
    World Grooves

I cant say I can recommend them.... I rarely use them.
    the reasons:

1) I think they were poorly, at the very least inconsistently rexed..
    As they are glitches and some dropouts and I find that they aren't useful more than say +/- 5bpm off the recorded tempo. Unlike say Spectrasonics, Ilio, Nine Volts Audio, many of Big Fish Audio products where you can really use them at much larger tempo variations.

They have no endings or beginnings and some don't even have variations, and I am spoilt and lazy that way.

your miles may vary.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Thanks for saving me some money folks.
    Richard, I never had you down as lazy
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

lol. cause you have never seen my work flow in my studio, especially since getting Stylus RMX years ago. I have no idea when last I really programmed drums for anything beyond dance stuff like dancehall, hip hop or stuff like that......I still play the other instruments but percussions and drums? loops baby, loops :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum