• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Player 4

Kontakt Player 4

I was just on the NI website, and I can't tell for sure, but it looks like they are claiming that the new version of KP will play any Kontakt library, not just the ones specially made for KP. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Re: Kontakt Player 4

Not true. It will play any library encoded for Intakt, Kompakt and Kontakt Player 1/2/3/4. It has to be a commercially encoded (encrypted) library with its own license/serial number.

It would be great to have the other libraries show up in the same way that Symphobia etc. show up in Kontakt...
    Pasi Pitkänen
    Website | Facebook

IMHO there needs to be another row in this table:
    that makes it clear that the Kontakt Player can NOT play Kontakt 4 instruments. I realise it is a very complex situation, because there are commercially available Kontakt "sample libraries" that were authored with Kontakt, but have not been encrypted/locked to enable them to be opened with Kontakt Player. (e.g Sampletekk) They ought to explain all this clearly.

(just out of curiousity, I tried opening Sampletekk's White Grand in the Kontakt 4 Player, and sure enough - it opens in a Demo mode, which I gather will time out after 15 minutes)

FWIW, I have emailed Native Instruments. (or their email shredder, as the case may be ;^)

FAQ #2:
    Q: Can I load any 3rd party sample library into the KONTAKT PLAYER?
    A: No, you can't. Only 3rd party libraries which have been produced for KONTAKT PLAYER may be loaded. Non-licensed libraries can be used for 30 minutes at a time in demo mode and without the ability to save your work.
    What's so unclear?

Thanks for that - I agree - that DOES make it clear.

I still think the table should include that information. (I hadn't read the FAQ - my mistake)

Note that when I was looking at buying my first Sampletekk library, I assumed that the Kontakt Player (or whatever it was called - Kompakt?) would be able to play it. It was mainly because the player simply wasn't available at the time that I bought the full version. If it was available, though, I *may* have fallen into this trap.
    (note that I probably wouldn't have been totally happy with the player, because I like to tinker, but that's beside the point)

Go Back to forum