• Register
  • Help

Topic: Steinway sample won't play...

Share/Bookmark

Steinway sample won't play...

Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been to this site. Hope everyone is fine.

I just downloaded the Garritan Basic Steinway. I'm using Logic Pro. The Garritan Play Engine shows up in Logic, but it shows up "empty" under microphone position.

It doesn't sound. I did register the product and used the activation "card".

I must have missed a step. Can anyone help me? I sent this issue to "support", but recieved an unarthorized email reply.

John
    Stop analyzing; just compose the damn thing!

Re: Steinway sample won't play...

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-Boy View Post
    Hi everyone! It's been awhile since I've been to this site. Hope everyone is fine.

I just downloaded the Garritan Basic Steinway. I'm using Logic Pro. The Garritan Play Engine shows up in Logic, but it shows up "empty" under microphone position.

It doesn't sound. I did register the product and used the activation "card".

I must have missed a step. Can anyone help me? I sent this issue to "support", but recieved an unarthorized email reply.

John
    Looks similar to this problem : http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=68959
    Max Deland
    Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by easternsounds View Post
    Thanks ES, I'll check that thread out.

John

I just tried the suggestion on the other thread about clicking on "empty" inside the play engine. There are only two options there - "import" or "reload" - neither worked. Of course, I wasn't sure what to import or reload.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny-Boy View Post
    I just tried the suggestion on the other thread about clicking on "empty" inside the play engine. There are only two options there - "import" or "reload" - neither worked. Of course, I wasn't sure what to import or reload.

John
    Replied in the Steinway forum...
    Max Deland
    Plogue Art et Technologie, Inc.

Thanks Max! I continued my issues there.

Best, John

Hmmm. "Empty" is what is supposed to show when you first open The Steinway. That's because - it's empty! you need to load one of the perspectives, one of the microphone positions. But in order to do that, you need to have at least one of them loaded on your hard drive, Then you can load the instrument.

Randy

Go Back to forum