• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The most revolutionary spectrasonics instrument is........

Share/Bookmark

The most revolutionary spectrasonics instrument is........

Don't get me wrong, I think Trilian and Omnisphere sound fantastic, but five years later it is Stylus RMX which I think is the most revolutionary of the trio.
    It is the one that by far completely changed my work flow and up to this day it is the one that I dont' have any other piece of software that would even remotely come close to replacing what it does.....Edit Groups, the whole lock sync, the new time design.....it is RMX that goes down in my book as the spectrasoncis instrument so far that has most changed the music world.

What do others think?

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Re: The most revolutionary spectrasonics instrument is........

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
    ...to this day it is the one that I dont' have any other piece of software that would even remotely come close to replacing what it does.....it is RMX that goes down in my book as the spectrasoncis instrument so far that has most changed the music world.

What do others think?

Me thinks dat too.

Think I gotta agree there. Though I think that a huge part of that is being able to use my own material through the use of rex files. That being said, I think that if Omnisphere became capable of importing user sounds, I still wouldn't trade that for the capabilities offered with RMX.

Haha, and not to be a** kissing, just the way I feel, but I feel that the Spectrasonics suite are by far the three most revolutionary instruments in the industry. It's gotten to where I literally don't use anything else at this point in my productions, perhaps Kontakt once in a great while. I just can't get the same quality of sound and production with instruments offered by any other VIs. Every time I buy something from another company I am consistently disappointed, whereas it is quite the contrary with the SP "trio."

Got to agree with you there Richard. They're all brilliant but RMX is top.
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

interesting...I don't have any experience with Spectrasonics yet, but I love their sound. I was never really interested in RMX, maybe I just don't understand what it really does though...

any examples of how you use it on a daily basis?
    SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, reviews, sounds, software, tutorials, and videos.

Maschine Tutorials - exclusive videos, tips and instructions for Native Instruments Maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by soundsandgear View Post
    interesting...I don't have any experience with Spectrasonics yet, but I love their sound. I was never really interested in RMX, maybe I just don't understand what it really does though...

any examples of how you use it on a daily basis?

I can say that the drums in RMX are like no other. I don't know what kind of music you make, but Im a hip hop head and love creating some raw drums.

Check the music on my website (www.plusishiphop.com) all drums were made with RMX.

RMX is a beast...
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Until Trilian came out I would have said RMX without reservation BUT there is so much new stuff in trilian that I have to have RMX and trilian launched.

RMX for drums/percussion and trilian for bass (particularly synth bass). Then I will turn to Nexus 2 (fully expanded) for just about anything else.

My remaining 50 or so VSTi's see not so much use any longer.

Very tough to choose the most "revolutionary" one (Note: we don't seem to be discussing "favourite" one), but in that category, for me, it's a toss up between Omnisphere and Stylus RMX. I actually was not aware of all the things Stylus is capable of until after I bought, and it certainly is amazing, but Omnisphere has added just as much and maybe more to my arsenal of instruments. For me, there's no obvious first choice, but guess I'll vote for Omnisphere, based on how much I use it, and the type of music I create. Finally, the last member of the Spectrasonics big three, Trilian, may not be my first choice in the revolutionary category, but it's certainly way up there in my current list of favourite instruments................playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

I'd pick RMX for the most revolutionary (especially after the time controls were added), though Omnisphere is the one I use most.

for those that like the revolutionary aspects of rmx, i'd highly suggest ableton live. although it can easily function as an entire daw, its remix/sound manipulation tools are unmatched. tempo sync, slice to midi (a la rex files), groove templates, follow actions, session view...the amount of innovative tools are limitless.

Go Back to forum