• Register
  • Help

Topic: How do you save edits in JABB?

Share/Bookmark

How do you save edits in JABB?

I posted a couple of days ago regarding fuzzy sounds. I now realize that the 'air noise' setting is too high. When I edit the vocies and save them, as soon as begin playback in Finale they all reset to their original values. How do I get the Kontackt player/JABB/Finale 2010 to remember the adjustments?

All help is gratefully appreciated.

...Brent
    Swing Shift Big Band - Toronto

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

Re: How do you save edits in JABB?

I assume you mean the Air Flow Noise. Insert an expression with CC#12 as its playback parameter at the beginning of the staff. Or ... re-save the edited instrument with a new name and use this instead.

Thank you for responding to my cries for help. I tried re-saving the edited voice and re-loading the new voice, but whenever I play back a file within Finale it immediately restores the originally 'airy' voice. I can turn off the 'air noise' while the file is playing but I can't get it to 'remember' the edit.

I also tried entering an expression into my score. I went to "Controller" > "17:General2" and set the value to 0. When I played it back there was no change. Did I use the wrong controller type? There are other options such as timbre, release, attack, brightness and so forth....

Thanks again for your help.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

CC#12, not CC#17!

Since the default value of the AirNs knob (CC#12) is "0", I am guessing Finale is sending its own CC#12 data. Could stem from an Instrument Technique definition or from MIDI data embedded in the file.

Thank you, thank you thank you. I apologize for my numeric error from your first posting, but once I actually remembered your suggested and implemented it I have achieved the result I was looking for.

Thanks so much for your time, expertise and patience!

...Brent

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

I thought that your previous suggestions had resulted in 'the fix', however, it keeps re-setting back to the fuzzy sounds. If I play the file past a CC#12 marking, the sound is fine. Once I stop and start again from after the CC#12 marking it resorts to the fuzzy sound. I have playback set to 'chase from start', so I thought it would always pick up the CC#12 instruction.

You suggested "Since the default value of the AirNs knob (CC#12) is "0", I am guessing Finale is sending its own CC#12 data. Could stem from an Instrument Technique definition or from MIDI data embedded in the file." I don't think there are any Finale-sent data, but how do I edit (and save) the instrumental technique definition? I have made manual edits within Kontackt and saved the voices, but something keeps changing them back to square one.

Happy new year, and thank you!

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

I am not sure I can help you since I never upgraded past F07. In F07 you can double-click a Technique Expression in Playback Settings | HP Preferences to edit it. You could try to un-check Playback Settings | Playback Options | Play recorded continuous data and/or change HP Preferences | MIDI data | Continuous data to HP (Ignore data) to see if it helps. Or check for CC#12 data in the MIDI Tool. Apart from that I don't know what to do.

Happy New Year.

Thank you, once again, for responding to my pleas. I think I may have inadvertently discovered a way to avoid this problem. I switched all of my voices to KS voices, and the problem does not seem to occur with them.

I do have another question, though. Where would I find a list of all of the key switch possibilities? I'd love to know how to switch from trumpet to harmon muted trumpet, and back, etc. in mid-score. Do I access these switches through the expression tool in Finale?

Thank you, again, and happy new year!

Intel(R) Core(TM)2CPU
    6300 @ 1.86GHz
    1.86 GHz, 2.99 GB of RAM

You can see the KeySwitches in the JABB manual pp. 24-29+33. To select a KS you can use the Expression Tool or even better create HP Instrument Techniques, if they are not already present as factory techniques. Don't forget to use the JABB Notation set with its unified KSs. It's made especially for Finale.

Go Back to forum