• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: About the Concert and Marching Band library in ARIA viersion

Share/Bookmark

About the Concert and Marching Band library in ARIA viersion

Hello,

I have bought last monday GPO4 and I'm having fun with it for since I got it. Bravo!

I have a few questions concerning the "Concert and Marching Band" library:
    - 1) When will it be available in ARIA technology?
    - 2) Will it be available as download?

I'm looking forward to the ARIA version and get it.

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Re: About the Concert and Marching Band library in ARIA viersion

Quote Originally Posted by boulifb View Post
    Hello,

I have bought last monday GPO4 and I'm having fun with it for since I got it. Bravo!

I have a few questions concerning the "Concert and Marching Band" library:
    - 1) When will it be available in ARIA technology?
    - 2) Will it be available as download?

I'm looking forward to the ARIA version and get it.

Fred.
    Hello Fred,

Glad to hear you are enjoying GPO4. It really is good isn't it.

Regarding your other questions.

(1) There are no announcements regarding availability of CoMB with Aria. At present things are on hold and we are not expecting any further developments for a while. I have the present CoMB KP2 and it co-exists with GPO4 Aria perfectly. If you really want this library then I would suggest you buy it now and enjoy using it. When the Aria version does become available, there will almost certainly be a generous upgrade offer.

(2) When CoMB Aria does become available in the furture, we are expecting a dowload version to be available just like GPO4. I have no inside knowledge and this is just a calculated guess of course.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_uk View Post
    (1) There are no announcements regarding availability of CoMB with Aria. At present things are on hold and we are not expecting any further developments for a while.
    That's a thought-provoking comment. Does this mean that JABB with Aria has also been put on hold? Our sympathies are of course with Gary regarding his wife's health, but does that mean that all development has been put on hold?
    Dean L. Surkin
    Steinway A104030
    Sonar X2 (professional), Finale 2011, JABB 3, GPO

Quote Originally Posted by Dean L. Surkin View Post
    That's a thought-provoking comment. Does this mean that JABB with Aria has also been put on hold? Our sympathies are of course with Gary regarding his wife's health, but does that mean that all development has been put on hold?
    As I said in my post, I have no inside information. I know no more regarding development than that stated in Gary's public announcement in our forums. In his post Gary touches on his present priorities and, in this, I, and I believe most of our members, heartily support him.

To return to the original query. Gary has for a while now adopted the practice of making product availability announcements only when those products are about to be released. He no longer gives forecasts or ETAs on product availability. For more information on this try a forums search on 'Updates'.
    Michael

Garritan Concert and Marching Band as well as Jazz and Big Band libraries are already in the hands of beta testers.

What this means is that the libraries have already been ported over to the ARAI software and are working. Beta testers download the libraries and put them through the paces in hopes of finding no missing notes or features etc.

Once the libraries are in the hands of the beta testers, it is usually a few months because inevitably, there are some issues found by various testers on various types of systems and those issues need to be fixed. Once the issues are fixed another version is released for beta testing. After the issues are deemed fixed, and it appears as though the software is working properly on various operating systems on both Windows and Mac, it is then released to the public.

It won't be much longer and the upgrade of these two libraries will be available for download.

Rest assured, even though Gary and Marianne are going through some very tough times, the Garritan team is still at work daily.

Dan

Thank you. I didn't mean my remarks to sound callous regarding Gary and his family.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Steinway A104030
    Sonar X2 (professional), Finale 2011, JABB 3, GPO

Cool!

I'm impatient to get the ARIA version of "Concert and Marching Band". This library sounds very interesting. While I understood how work a symphony orchestra, I'd like to understand how work a harmony orchestra and know the sound of these instruments not used in symphony orchestra.

I'm waiting around the corner for the ARIA version and I'll get it when it'll be available as download like for GPO4.
    There is no spoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean L. Surkin View Post
    Thank you. I didn't mean my remarks to sound callous regarding Gary and his family.
    Dean, I did not interpret your words that way.
    Dan

Thanks for the information Dan.
    Michael

DPDAN,

Thank you for the information. The CoMB will be a welcome addiiton. Also, having just finished a Mass in Eb, the choirs are also eagerly anticipated.

Go Back to forum