• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: My 'GigaStrings' (GOS) demos

Share/Bookmark

My \'GigaStrings\' (GOS) demos

OK since the library has been released, I decided to put up some of the things I\'ve been doing while betatesting the library. I am not saying that this is all that can be done with GOS or that this is all that _I_ can do with GOS - I am sure better composers could get better stuff out of them.
    Also please note that these demos use the first versions of the violins, basses and celli, only the violas are close to the final product. But still it will give you a picture of how it sounds and works. Go to http://www.melomaniac.dk and go into the MP3 section! Have fun

[This message has been edited by Simon Ravn (edited 09-02-2001).]

Re: My \'GigaStrings\' (GOS) demos

nice music simon.the fast strings really works.
    i\'ll buy gigastrings!!!!!!
    soon as i can.
    thanx for these helpfull demos

In a word: amazing. Not only is the sound of the GO strings amazing, so is your writing and orchestral skills. Great job.

OOKK!!!-
    Simon-
    Now this is what I call a good demo.

Can u tell me what brass, wind and perc sounds you used as well-
    and how many different articulations and memory will loading the string stuff take up?

Again-
    nicely done

El-Sim

Back when Simon was throwing the Barber demo together I asked to do a little EQ to one of his roughs, to see if I could match the recording Donnie threw online a while ago.
    http://www.musicyouneed.com/yup/barberagain.mp3

since we\'re all sharing our experiences with the library, why not this s well

------------------
    Really...I am an Idiot

Excellent work Simon! These excerpts certainly put GoS to good use. I like the sound of the fast strings work. Especially the fact that you can do good up/down bowstroke simulations (at 1:12 in Going In!).

Thomas

I must admit I was guarded given all the hype and what seemed to be overly-glowing comments with respect to GOS. Your demo and the GOS strings quality sound superb and definitely do show what\'s possible. Kudos.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Back when Simon was throwing the Barber demo together I asked to do a little EQ to one of his roughs, to see if I could match the recording Donnie threw online a while ago.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Funny, I can hear your \'version\' of it is newer than my own, since it has the celli playing the melody too, which I forgot in the first place. I never recorded the new version with reverb I think

Simon,

Very cool stuff! The strings sounds excellent!

Donnie

The music is very good. I liked the war spoof. What brass did you use?

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast