• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT-Question to Moderator(s)

Share/Bookmark

OT-Question to Moderator(s)

Am I allowed to start a thread concerning "The optimal rendering" where we all tell about the questions we have, the solutions and the advices from the "master(s)" like Dan Kury, including the experience of instrumentalists(violinists, flute players, etc.)?

When we all obey the pure answer/question/advice rules and NOT intervene with some pollution, this can become a useful thread for all "who want to make the most out of Garritan".

Raymond

Re: OT-Question to Moderator(s)

Gday Raymond,

Did you really mean what you said, when you said:

“Am I allowed to start a thread concerning "The optimal rendering" where we all tell about the questions we have …”

This is a forum where members can put any reasonable question, in particular any reasonable question related to the basis and subject matter of the forum. Censorship would be objectionable to many, perhaps most members.

You further said:

” … where we all tell about the questions we have, the solutions and the advices from the "master(s)" …”

No, we should not speak for and interpret others. The “master(s)” speak for themselves.

You also said:

” When we all obey the pure answer/question/advice rules and NOT intervene with some pollution, this can become a useful thread for all …”

I am overwhelmed with the prospect of a pollution free cyberspace.

Raymond, my friend, have you been on the grog?

Herbert
    GPO, JABB, CMB, GWI, GOFRILLER, HALION PLAYER, ACCORDIONS by E Tarilonte
    Cubase 6, Notation Composer, VSTHost, GoldWave audio editor.

Interests:
    Good Food, Gemütlichkeit, Wein Weib und Gesang – History, Politics, Civil Law –
    Electronics, Software Development, Physics – Plant Physiology, Creative Horticulture –
    Photography, Painting, Wood Working - Midi Orchestration, Music, Music, und Musik …

I withdraw this question. I meant to say:

A pure question and answer thread. Questions and problems raised by the pupils and the answers and advices from the (school)master(s) and the ones who have some reasonable experience playing an instrument (preferably in an orchestra).

To give you an example.

Question:Where can I check/uncheck the defaults (panning and volume) of the ARIA player as stated on page 157 of the manual?

Answer: ...............

Pity that it is already polluted before this even started,

Raymond

One of the problems Raymond is that different experts bring different points of view, and while I agree people often frustratingly wander a long way from the topic, it is only really a problem when they start becoming closed minded or start personally attacking someone.

I wholeheartedly think your question is a good one - can you start a thread with questions for the experts? Naturally. People will self-police about their worthiness and expertise to answer. Naturally you will have to make you own mind up about the quality of the response.

If the forum is healthy and doing well, a sign would be that there were many such questions with lots of healthy debate about questionable/grey areas and fairly straightforward responses left alone once solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    I withdraw this question. I meant to say:

A pure question and answer thread. Questions and problems raised by the pupils and the answers and advices from the (school)master(s) and the ones who have some reasonable experience playing an instrument (preferably in an orchestra).

To give you an example.

Question:Where can I check/uncheck the defaults (panning and volume) of the ARIA player as stated on page 157 of the manual?

Answer: ...............

Pity that it is already polluted before this even started,

Raymond
    Raymond,

I seems you are referring to staying on topic, which does not always happen when forum members go astray ... however, if you pose a question in the thread subject, then repeat the question with maybe a little more detail, you will have your question and answer thread.

You could also give details about who or how you want the question answered, for example, you want to hear from an experienced trumpet player, or someone with experience with a particular piece of software and you want the navigation sequence in the software to solve a problem.

Most likely, if your question and the kind of answer you want is clear, you will probably get a clear response. However, I have found that many forum members are likely to ask for additional clarification so THEY can understand what you want to know. In addition, some questions have no clear answer, but are a matter of opinion, more than fact.

In the end, I think your question and answer approach is a good one. Many is the time that I have done a search and have run across multiple responses and totally unrelated responses to wade through. But when a clear question is posed, I usually get a clear answer.

Regards,
    Dominick
    Wider is better.

Dominick and Alan thank you for your replies. To speak with Dominck, when the question is clear the answer will also be to the point. But sometimes one doesn't know how to phrase a problem, so some extra storylines would be necessary to describe it. But as long as this stays on topic, other words: on the question, no problem with that.

Dominick, you are right that sometimes a search leads one to too many stories and very long (often obscure) explanations. My goal is more or less creating a "FAQ"- thread.

After the festivities I will come back to this,

Raymond

Go Back to forum