• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Happy Holidays - music video

Share/Bookmark

Happy Holidays - music video

I wish for everyone here and all over the globe a peaceful, meaningful conclusion to the year - celebrated by the various holiday traditions we hold dear.

Clicking the image above will take you to my online Christmas card and then to the video I produced to accompany "O Holy Night" which I contributed to this year's Garritan Christmas CD.

In the video, Hubble telescope pictures come to life, suggesting the cosmic mystery of the Universe which has spiritual significance to many of us.

Peace,
    Randy Bowser

Re: Happy Holidays - music video

It's a beautiful production, Mister Randy, in sight and sound! Since I am an astronomy nut, I especially enjoyed that part.

Thanks for posting it.

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Wow, that was simply awesome! I absolutely loved your arrangement and production of "O Holy Night", but coupled with those fantastic images--just wow. So inspirational. Seeing and hearing things like this is so essential--it really puts things in perspective. Thanks so much for sharing, Randy.

Julie.

Yes, very cool, Randy. Thanks for sharing.

My best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hello my old Garritan buddies - Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed. After working on the arrangement off and on starting in June, it was a very gratifying second project to make the video to go with it. I loved my lady Kate's idea of using Hubble photos as a starting point, and here are the results.

Larry, Julie and Gunther---Thank you much!

--AND I want to add--how about that Garritan Christmas CD this year?! I'm proud to be on it - Lots of very nicely done music. Applause and thanks to everyone who contributed.

Randy B.

Well, that was certainly an interesting perspective on a wonderful Christmas piece. We live in an awesome universe and yet in our little corner of that space we humble little creatures can evoke such stirring emotions by putting sounds together like this.

Thank you and Happy Holidays and Seasons best to you Randy.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by RichR View Post
    Well, that was certainly an interesting perspective on a wonderful Christmas piece. We live in an awesome universe and yet in our little corner of that space we humble little creatures can evoke such stirring emotions by putting sounds together like this.

Thank you and Happy Holidays and Seasons best to you Randy.
    What a wonderful post, Rich - Thank you very much for it.

I want to share what an acquaintance of mine sent me in reply to an email I sent out with the music video. This person is one of the great group of people I met in August when I went on a spiritual retreat at Mount Angel, Oregon, where a thriving community of Benedictine Monks lives. She said:

"...
    Randy, that was absolutely beautiful. The music and the pictures reveal the Glory of God. How can anyone not believe? I’ve seen some of those pictures before and especially like the one called God’s eye. I imagine Heaven will be that beautiful, thank you for a very special gift..."

I'm so pleased that a conservative Catholic appreciates the universal theme I gave the visuals to my arrangement of the song.

Christmas has come early for me in the form of such thoughtful replies to my creative efforts.

Happy Holidays!

Randy

A truly wonderful gift to the community Randy.

And a sign of life reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanPerkins View Post
    A truly wonderful gift to the community Randy.

And a sign of life reborn.
    Thanks, Alan, for posting your inspiring response. Really nice.

Randy

Beautiful Randy, thank you for posting this.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Go Back to forum