• Register
  • Help

Topic: Suggestion for synth pads

Share/Bookmark

Suggestion for synth pads

Hi there,
    I am after some good synth pad samples. Nothing too dancey and bubbly (although be nice to have anyway)... more for drone and back pads for film scores?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks

Re: Suggestion for synth pads

Thanks for the tip Dan... will take a shifty at that one... the older emu recording sounds interesting too... although I guess I need that chicken software converter to suck in emu files?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paynterr:
    Hi there,
    I am after some good synth pad samples. Nothing too dancey and bubbly (although be nice to have anyway)... more for drone and back pads for film scores?
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Richard,

There are some really good pads that a friend of mine named Frank Bry did a number of years ago. They are in an EMU format disk called \"The Synthesizer Collection\" and can be found at:
    http://www.therecordist.com/cdroms.html

There are 2 presets that I use all the time...Analog Synths and Lo Orchestra. Also, Numerical Sound/Ernest Cholakis has some excellent drones in his \"Drone Archaeology\" disk.

Talk to you later,
    DD

We have several CD\'s with synths in Giga format. Synths used are JX-3P, Prophet, Memorymoog and DX-11.
    Go to www.biggagiggas.com for info/mp3\'s

Worra

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dandean:
    Hi Richard,

Also, Numerical Sound/Ernest Cholakis has some excellent drones in his \"Drone Archaeology\" disk.

Talk to you later,
    DD
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of them...Drone Archaeology is a nice collection. They are long and evolving.

Also, one word: Reaktor. It would cost you thousands of dollars to buy sample libraries of all the stuff you can just make yourself with Reaktor. Using a sampler to play a synth is kind of like casting a girl to play a boy.

Go Back to forum