• Register
  • Help

Topic: Vienna Instruments. learing, articualtion matrix

Vienna Instruments. learning, articualtion matrix

I am a new user for the Vienna Instruments and find them to be the best of all sampled instruments available-anywhere.
    I am hoping to keep this thread for discussion of just that group of instruments!

The learning curve for using the different articulations is quite complex, Cubase 4.5 handles everything I've thrown at so far but I'm finding it hard to understand how it all works.
    1. So far, I've had issues with the videos that the web site offers
    They are instructive but I find I have to write extensive notes to make them useful. Does anyone know of a tutorial in text format?
    2. any experiences or set ups for Cubase 4.5 for 32x Windows XP or Vista that anyone would care to share are welcome!

USB Nr. 653909-4ED485
    Cubase V4.5.2 build 274 Sept 2 2008
    Computer ACPI x86-based PC Microsoft driver version 6.0.6002.18005
    Hard Drive: Western Digital IDE\DiskWDC_WD6400AACS-00G8B1_______05.04C05 -640 GB
    Video Display ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series
    MOTU Microl Lite MIDI Device driver mark of the unicorn
    Intel Pentium 4, 3.00Ghz, 2 GB RAM, 32 bit version VISTA, Service pak 2, Kontakt, Fatar StudioLogic, SL-880, Gina Echo 24 w/ ASIO driver 8.2,WDM driver 8.2
    Console 8.2, sampling at 44.1kHz
    Last edited by rverne8; 12-19-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Misspelled words

Re: Vienna Instruments. learing, articualtion matrix

I would post on the VSL forum, because you will find loads of knowledgeable users who are very experienced and will be only too happy to help you.

Has a few tutorials. There is a free section where he explains how to put together a phrase using articulations.

Thumbs down Re: Vienna Instruments. learing, articualtion matrix

I wanted to post this link about cello playing http://www.philharmonia.co.uk/thesou...4dk06365tu0k34

I like the Vienna Symphony Libraries web site and the tech assistant has been real helpful there.
    I find the forum a bit crowded and unfocused that's all.

One of the best things I did for VSL was download the piece that is available for download in your favorite sequencer. I was ablt to go into the midi files and figure out how they achieved their professional grade results. Invaluable.

Go Back to forum