• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics RMX Expxansion Packs?

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics RMX Expxansion Packs?

I was just listening to Tonehammer's Anti Drum demos (Great Stuff!), and realized I sort feel like RMX is a little unsupported by Spectrasonics.

Yes I know all of my REX files can be converted (and are) and I know the Sonic Reality and many others have RMX or REX formatted loops/libraries etc.

But to be honest, I really loved Spectrasonics/Eric P's sound design work.

My thoughts are that it would pretty amazing to have some RMX or Rhythmic libraries constructed of some of the new Omni/Trillian Psychoacoustic samples.

It would have been awesome to have Distorted Reality 1/2 for RMX. I know their are many examples in Omni, but they don't really sound the same as my Sample DVD's of them did, and I can't manipulate them as midi without dropping them into audio and using some whiz bang super whamma dyne action to get it done.

Thanks for all the hard work and support Spectrasonics, can't wait to see if there is anything new at the NAMM 2010!

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Re: Spectrasonics RMX Expxansion Packs?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcohoona View Post
    It would have been awesome to have Distorted Reality 1/2 for RMX.
    All the loops in DR1 and DR2 are already available for RMX. They exist in the bonus library of all the Spectrasonics Xpanders.

I know their are many examples in Omni, but they don't really sound the same as my Sample DVD's of them did,
    Actually, they sound far better than the original library versions - we went to some great lengths to ensure this actually.

In fact, there is much more material included in Omnisphere that was NOT included on the original Distorted Reality and Bizarre Guitar collections.

Note however that the vast majority of this material is not even used in the Omnisphere Patch library yet....so if you are looking there, you will miss all of it.

The full and expanded DR and BZG libraries are located in the Soundsource directory.

Do a search for "Distorted Reality" or "Bizarre Guitar" in Omnisphere's Soundsource directory and you'll see how insanely much stuff is there.

If you ever actually went through it all like that, you'd never ask if we were going to include these libraries....because there's an abundance that's already there! ;-)

and I can't manipulate them as midi without dropping them into audio and using some whiz bang super whamma dyne action to get it done.
    Absolutely no idea what that means. :-)

Thanks for all the hard work and support Spectrasonics, can't wait to see if there is anything new at the NAMM 2010!
    Would Eric like to respond to this?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Thanks for the reply Eric,

I think I probably wasn't all that clear in my last post.

First off, yes, all the included DR, BZG, Vocals, etc. etc. sound beyond fantastic, and I've spent hours in Omni listening to patch after patch simply because it just got better and better. So my apologies if you felt slighted, after re-reading my last post, the tone in it came off differently than I had intended...got to love communication! It was very obvious from the first patch I loaded into Omni that a mountainous level of work and attention to detail had gone into its creation.

I also wrongly worded the above entry in stating I felt that RMX was "poorly supported". What I meant was that I would really enjoy new expansion packs for RMX. Support in the form of Stylus Sound Library creation. If I remember right, you guys made it pretty clear that Spectrasonics was getting out of that market, but I can still hope that perhaps when you guys get a small break perhaps some more Sage Expanders will crop up.

I also think the development of RMX has been not only graceful but extremely generous on your part (price was hard to beat..no pun intended). With time designer you completely revamped all the expansion packs I own and opened up a whole new world for them, which I thought was ingenious.

As to the midi comment I was making reference to being able to use some of the new sample content of Omni inside RMX. Currently my M.O. is to record a patch from Omni into audio and then Recycle it and drop it into RMX. Not a big deal to accomplish, but I'd love some new RMX Expansion libraries containing some of the new sound design you guys have accomplished in Omni purely for Stylus.

I'd like to think I am a fairly capable sound designer but know what I can accomplish with the little time my side-hobby provides is nowhere near the polished products you and your team can create and I'd love to see what Metamorphosis II might sound like with some of Omni's Psychoacoustic elements.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply and the great products! See you at Namm!

big~C
    Mac Pro 8-Core, Logic 9, Ableton 8, Omni, RMX, Komplete, Samples-n-Samples, Speak-n-Spell, Schroeder's Piano, Mcpherson Guitars, and a Partridge Family 8-Track

Great feedback....very helpful...thanks! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Would Eric like to respond to this?
    ??? Eric ???

Actually if you did respond I'd be disappointed, I'd never let out what I was about to release either...and really you guys should release something, it's like nothing has come out of the Spectrasonics factory for what...2 months...how long do we have to wait!

Got to love our Burger King World.

Thanks again Eric for the reply, I'm sure I can speak for many on this forum (myself being one of the noobs), that your direct contact here really builds a lot of loyalty for your products.

big~C

Quote Originally Posted by bigcohoona View Post
    Thanks for the reply Eric,
    With time designer you completely revamped all the expansion packs I own and opened up a whole new world for them, which I thought was ingenious.
    After the time designer feature came out, it made me wish I had all the expansion packs. (I have two now.) That makes the expansion packs much more useful since it makes it easier to mix and match and overlay. A lot of the expansion sounds were things I'd never use as the "main" drum track, but would happily use them to add textures here and there.

Unfortunately, the sale for the Expansion packs was gone before that RMX update was released.

Quote Originally Posted by mlockett View Post
    Unfortunately, the sale for the Expansion packs was gone before that RMX update was released.
    Ah...but there's good news for you now:

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...anderspack.php

:-)

What if you just wanted the pretty new DVD box to put all your Expanders in?

$9.99?

Great Idea Eric, and to think I spent about $500!

At least it has been a few years. My brother purchased all the Apple Jam Pack libraries the week before Logic 8 came out (including all the Jam Packs for free).

Of course you guys gave me Omni for a steal of a price as an Atmosphere/RMX owner!

Thanks again Spectrasonics, you have a huge fan here and many others have bought your products listening to my barely coherent slathering on the quality of them.

big~C

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post

In fact, there is much more material included in Omnisphere that was NOT included on the original Distorted Reality and Bizarre Guitar collections.

Note however that the vast majority of this material is not even used in the Omnisphere Patch library yet....so if you are looking there, you will miss all of it.
    So true, how much fantastic SS are hiding in the wings waiting ..... to be discovered. I often lose track of time exploring this section of library.

Definitely not to be over looked.

Go Back to forum