• Register
  • Help

Topic: Aria activation issues

Share/Bookmark

Aria activation issues

Hi,
    I must not be doing this exactly right. I'm activating Aria fine with the png key, works fine as stand alone. I've installed it on only one machine.
    1) I need to do this procedure EVERY time I instantiate it, including reaching up and saying "no" to downloading the png again, then dragging png onto the Aria window? This is inconvenient but I can live with it.
    2) However, each time I add an instance of Aria on a new Pro Tools track, I have to go through the same procedure? Really a drag, but if I only had to do it that one time I could deal with it, but
    3) EVERY time I click on the insert button to bring up Aria on a given track, after having been working on some part of another track, I need to activate again. This is impossible and makes GPO impossible to use as a (RTAS) plugin. What am I doing wrong in my original activations? Isn't there a way to activate GPO permanently on my machine?
    Thanks for any help.
    Steve Mac Pro 8-core 2.8 GHz OS 10.5.8 tons of memory, Pro Tools 8.01

Re: Aria activation issues

Which message do you get when you drag the png key?

"Garritan ARIA Player is now activated for ARIA Player"
    or
    "Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is now activated for YOUR_NAME"

What does the activation request popup says?

"Your copy of WHAT is not activated."
    Pascal Maheux, Plogue Art et Technologie Inc.
    Montréal. http://www.plogue.com

Thanks so much for fast reply! We may be getting somewhere. First dialog box:

"Your copy of Garritan Personal Orchestra 4 is not activated. Do you want to download your Activation Keycard now? (no) (yes)"

After dragging png, 2nd dialog box:

"Aria Engine Activation
    Garritan ARIA Player is now activated for ARIA Player (OK)"

so it doesn't know it's registered in my name. (I should have noticed : ) I downloaded GPO from the garritan site and got the impression that is was registered when they sent me my png. and gave me a serial #. I've never been asked to enter that on my machine, which is always online, so I thought that step had been taken by Garritan already. I'll do some look-seeing on my garritan account page, but if there's a quick procedure, point me!
    Thanks so much.
    Steve

You are activating ARIA Player which is already activated.

Try to find your GPO4 png key and activate with it.

You can download it again from garritan.biz

Ta Daa!!

That did it. I was sent the Aria activation keycard and didn't know there were was yet another card for GPO. I should have read the dialog box more carefully originally and gone back to Garratin .biz (didn't know there were two sites either). Anyway, I downloaded the GPO card, and all works fine, both standalone and in P.T. I couldn't imagine they had made such a kludgy activation system. Case closed. All thanks to you, pascalM for being such great help, so quickly!

I'm having the same issues. Exactly. Whether launch it as a stand alone or within Sonar. It stops working in Sonar after about 10mins.

There's got to be an issue with the Aria Player software.

I'm using Win7. Is there an issue with this OS?

Does anyone from tech support check these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Curtsong View Post
    I'm having the same issues. Exactly. Whether launch it as a stand alone or within Sonar. It stops working in Sonar after about 10mins.

There's got to be an issue with the Aria Player software.

I'm using Win7. Is there an issue with this OS?

Does anyone from tech support check these forums?
    Curtsong - Did you read the last few posts on this thread? Steve's issue was resolved when Pascal helped him figure out that he was only activating the Aria player, but not GPO. He went back to the Garritan site and got the GPO activation key, used it, and now he's good to go.

You said you're having the same issues, exactly, so if that's actually the case - there's the info you need.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by Curtsong View Post
    It stops working in Sonar after about 10mins.
    Looks like Aria is running in demo mode.

When you start the ARIA Player, do you get a popup message saying ARIA Player is not registered or/and another one saying Personal Orchestra 4 is not registered..... If you get any message at startup, please paste them here.

Or you can run Start>Programs>Garritan ARIA Player>Generate logs, and follow the instructions to send your log files to support. They will see which component is registered or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Curtsong - Did you read the last few posts on this thread? Steve's issue was resolved when Pascal helped him figure out that he was only activating the Aria player, but not GPO. He went back to the Garritan site and got the GPO activation key, used it, and now he's good to go.
    I suspect I'm at risk of a similar response - RTFT (Read ... Thread), but I'll chance it.

Are we all supposed to have two activation keys - one for Aria and one for GPO? I don't remember getting/needing anything but the GPO activation key. Am I going to be in trouble if I upgrade to a better PC?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by pokeefe View Post
    Are we all supposed to have two activation keys - one for Aria and one for GPO? I don't remember getting/needing anything but the GPO activation key.
    Yes you have two keys but you don't need to manually activate ARIA Player.
    ARIA Player is automatically activated during install and his activation key is copied to the ARIA Player installation folder.

You should not have to worry about ARIA Player activation key.
    I suspected ARIA Player's automatic activation process have failed for Curtsong, that's why I mention it.

Go Back to forum