• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere... Great Experience

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere... Great Experience

I have had Omnisphere from the day it was released. The only problem I had was my poor old P4 2.66 ghz machine couldn't handle is that well. I did manage a few songs with it but usually only one patch at a time (when using other instruments like EW Gold etc) Most of the time I used Atmosphere because it was quite a bit lighter on the old CPU.

I was really concerned about getting a new computer becuase of the proce and the whole move into 64 bits. I broke down and got a quad core with 8 gigs of ram running Vista 64 bit.

So far the best experience I have had reinstalling everything was Omnisphere. I moved the Steam folder over from my old machine, reinstalled the main core of the program and the Omnisphere did the rest! I was up and running in literally minutes (aside from the Steam folder which copied the night before)

The new authorization was a cinch and Omnisphere went out and updated all of the patches and content etc. I only had to click "yes" to the prompts. When it was looking for the steam engine I pointed the way and voila all was found (God, I wish I had the same luck with my VSL stuff)

The best news is I am playing all of the big multis and my CPU is hardly budging! It's been a long wait to finally hear all of the potential this synth has.

Kudos to Eric, Glen and the team for a great product and great installer and updater. All software should be this "intelligent" (and sound this good!)

Sincerely,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Omnisphere... Great Experience

Whoo-hoo! So glad you are up and running and able to get the most out of your instrument. :-)

The machine you use does indeed make a massive difference in the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Whoo-hoo! So glad you are up and running and able to get the most out of your instrument. :-)

The machine you use does indeed make a massive difference in the experience.
    I can't tell you what a differnce it makes. It used to take so long to load a patch it was difficult to stay focused. Now they laod up almost instantly, even the big multis.

Can I inquire as to whether we will see (or hear) some cool Omnisphere expansion packs in the near future?

Thanks again Eric for this amazing instrument and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by dpasdernick View Post
    Can I inquire as to whether we will see (or hear) some cool Omnisphere expansion packs in the near future?
    You may ask, but I may not answer. ;-)

Of course, Trilian is an amazing way to expand Omnisphere's capabilities.

Thanks again Eric for this amazing instrument and Merry Christmas to you and yours!
    You are most welcome! Merry Christmas to you! :-)

Go Back to forum