• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Topic: Harmonica library.. me wants

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Harmonica library.. me wants

    I've been looking a bit for a good harmonica library but the few I've found aren't really what I've been looking for. Only had riffs and stuff.. I'm looking for the real thing with different articulations etc. Must be for Kontakt!

    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    /the Babies

  2. #2

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    me too
    I think Orangetree was considering such a library.
    But sofar it hasnt materialized

  3. #3

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler View Post
    I think Orangetree was considering such a library.
    But sofar it hasnt materialized
    I need to find a skilled blues/jazz harmonica player not only to sample (my own harmonic playing wouldn't do justice to the samples), but to consult for the scripting also. I think there's a big gap in the market for realistic and playable harmonic libraries, so if I take on the challenge I want to make it wholeheartedly.

    One of the tricky parts I need to figure out is how to translate a MIDI performance into harmonica. Obviously, it needs to model where the notes are in the harmonica, as well as using bent notes to hit certain pitches (like how Howard Levy can play in any key on a C harmonica!).

    And on that note, listen to how expressive his playing is, not to mention the variety of styles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MtRHq8ERCE
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

  4. #4

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Quote Originally Posted by gregjazz View Post
    I need to find a skilled blues/jazz harmonica player not only to sample (my own harmonic playing wouldn't do justice to the samples), but to consult for the scripting also. I think there's a big gap in the market for realistic and playable harmonic libraries, so if I take on the challenge I want to make it wholeheartedly.

    One of the tricky parts I need to figure out is how to translate a MIDI performance into harmonica. Obviously, it needs to model where the notes are in the harmonica, as well as using bent notes to hit certain pitches (like how Howard Levy can play in any key on a C harmonica!).

    And on that note, listen to how expressive his playing is, not to mention the variety of styles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MtRHq8ERCE
    Haha that stuff in the video was pretty overkill. Cool! Remember also that there are chromatic harmonicas. That may be easier to sample?
    /the Babies

  5. #5

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Quote Originally Posted by gregjazz View Post
    I need to find a skilled blues/jazz harmonica player not only to sample (my own harmonic playing wouldn't do justice to the samples), but to consult for the scripting also. I think there's a big gap in the market for realistic and playable harmonic libraries, so if I take on the challenge I want to make it wholeheartedly.

    One of the tricky parts I need to figure out is how to translate a MIDI performance into harmonica. Obviously, it needs to model where the notes are in the harmonica, as well as using bent notes to hit certain pitches (like how Howard Levy can play in any key on a C harmonica!).

    And on that note, listen to how expressive his playing is, not to mention the variety of styles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MtRHq8ERCE
    Well I, for one, have every confidence Greg. Your libraries are brilliantly intuitive.
    David

  6. #6

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    a bit off topic.

    @ gregjazz: just listened to your demos on your site.
    what a great demos. really skilled demos.!

    would love to have a harmonica sample library. please make it windcontroller friendly.

  7. #7

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Wow, thank you all for the compliments!!
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

  8. #8

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Greg, if you decide to develop a harmonica library I hope you will also remember the other often overlooked members of the harmonica family (piccolo harmonica, bass harmonica, double bass harmonica, and odd members like Hohner's Trumpet Call).

  9. #9

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Quote Originally Posted by MartinBabies View Post
    I've been looking a bit for a good harmonica library but the few I've found aren't really what I've been looking for. Only had riffs and stuff.. I'm looking for the real thing with different articulations etc. Must be for Kontakt!

    Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Hi, a friend of mine who is registered on this site told me he read your question about harmonica sampler libraries. It just so happens I'm finishing up and about to release a Bass Harp VI that I call The Harpordian. http://www.harpordian.com/
    It will be available in Jan. for $79 download only, (it's about 400 MB). The site is not complete yet, but the demos work so you can hear it. I'm hoping people will enjoy what they hear. Send me an email from the site and let me know what you think... everybody!
    Thanks and Happy Holidays.

    Jimmy Hammer
    jimmy@harpordian.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member playz123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Victoria, Canada
    Posts
    535

    Re: Harmonica library.. me wants

    Not Kontakt, but have you considered the little harmonica plug-in from Sonivox MI?.....playz

    http://www.sonivoxmi.com/ProductDeta...ents=Harmonica
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •