• Register
  • Help

Topic: Importing samples in Halion 3

Share/Bookmark

Importing samples in Halion 3

Hello,
    i am new to this forum, I am mrfdes from Berkshire, England.
    I would like to post a question rearding Halion 3 (the manual is quite obscure on the subject):

I have a number of .wav samples of a Fender Rhodes piano, ie. a number of single notes, like A0, A1, A2, Eb2 etc.

i was wondering if it is possible to insert them all into Halion and assign a range of notes to every one of them, eg. import A0 and assign range A0-G#1 to it, then import A1 and assign A1-G#2 etc.

I assume, if this were possible, the sound of the Rhodes would be more accurate than if I just imported A0 and let it run all over the keyboard.

If it is possible to achieve what I am looking for, could someone let me know how it has to be done, please?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Importing samples in Halion 3

Welcome to the forum.

I don't have Halion 3 but any sampler worth its salt will allow you to import files, even at different levels for each note. I have used an older version of Halion and it was definitely possible on that one.

There's a dedicated forum for Halion at http://www.cubase.net/phpbb2/ if you can't get the answer here.

As you are in the UK, there's a freebie available from Computer Music each month which is sort of similar (but obviously not as good) but is easy to use for this purpose, may be you could use this simpler sampler to learn the basics on, then tramsfer back to Halion
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    As you are in the UK, there's a freebie available from Computer Music each month which is sort of similar (but obviously not as good) but is easy to use for this purpose, may be you could use this simpler sampler to learn the basics on, then tramsfer back to Halion
    Hi,
    thanks for your reply.
    Would you be referring to Wave Alchemy?

Yes, indeed, you certainly can import/load .wav files and other audio file formats into Halion and then assign them to the keys you wish. This process is covered thoroughly in the manual so if there's something about that sort of thing that you are wondering about, I'm sure the manual could help. You'll also need to specify settings when importing, but again that's covered in the manual. Samplers like Halion and Kontakt are certainly worthwhile owning and using, as they provide access to a huge number of sound libraries and...you guessed it...samples. Have fun!..........playz
    Cubase 7.0.3, Wavelab 7.1, Omnisphere, Trilian, Stylus RMX, Symphobia 1 & 2 , all Spitfire libraries, LASS 2, Requiem Pro, Voxos, Superior Drummer 2, Komplete 8, Cinematic Guitars, most EW libraries, Chris Hein Horns, Guitar & Bass, 2.8 GHz Mac Pro, 18 GB RAM, OS 10.6.8, RME Multiface II + HDSP PCIe

Go Back to forum