• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO 4 and Sibelius 4

Share/Bookmark

GPO 4 and Sibelius 4

I have upgraded to GPO 4 and am anxious to use it as a plug in for Sibelius 4 so I can start hearing the choir sounds. I have GPO Sibelius Edition but don't think the upgraded sounds are on there. Can anyone help me? From what I read I need to add the plug ins to my notation software, but don't know where or how.

Thanks,

Spencer

Re: GPO 4 and Sibelius 4

Hi Spencer,

- Inside of Sibelius go to the Play menu.
    - Select Playback Devices
    - Inside the Playback Devices menu you can add the Audio Units and VSTs installed on your system to "Active Devices" menu of Sibelius. Here you can select the ARIA engine for GPO4 and add it to your active devices.

- Save your configuration

I hope this helps.
    Chad

It doesn't work that way. Sibelius 4 does not support VST plugins. GPO Sibelius edition is a customized Kontakt Player 1 which can't use GPO 4 sounds.

If you want seamless integration, you will have to upgrade to Sibelius 6.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F View Post
    It doesn't work that way. Sibelius 4 does not support VST plugins. GPO Sibelius edition is a customized Kontakt Player 1 which can't use GPO 4 sounds.

If you want seamless integration, you will have to upgrade to Sibelius 6.1.
    Ah yes. I'm using Sibelius 6 here as well. I forgot that version 4 didn't have those features.

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm figuring it is high time I upgrade to Sibelius 6 anyway, so I'll do that and then will be able to use the GPO upgrade with my new Sibelius upgrade.

Thanks!

Go Back to forum