• Register
  • Help

Topic: Celebration of Life

Celebration of Life

It's become somewhat of an annual tradition for me to write a new piece of music during this time of year. This year, I present "Celebration of Life."

There seems to be a festive mood at the end of every year that spans most cultures in our world. We all apply different meanings, names, and series of traditions to these celebrations. Whether it be Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or any other well known festival, the underlying theme of life in each of these unites us all.

Celebration of Life (MP3)
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Re: Celebration of Life

I would say "Appropriate Remark!" in a loud, cheerful voice, and congratulations on your joyful song.

It's nice to hear some of your music again, CJ. I like the joyful and spirited opening. It really exudes the season. The delicate middle section is a lovely interlude. Really, it is quite tender and nicely orchestrated. The transition back to the opening theme is very well done. All in All CJ this is a wonderful piece for the season. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

thanks for sharing this. A very well done, joyus piece of music.

All the best in the new year.

Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Suburban NYC

Hi Colton,

A real nice way to cap off '09 and herald in '10. Very nice!

There's nothing quite like 6/8 to create a driving, lilting feel to a piece ... good choice of meter! The middle section was nice contrast too.

Happy New Year and Regards,

Hey C J,

I really like the theme introduced in the beginning. It's bright, but still maintains a feel of lightness. Then the contrasting section after it provides a nice relaxing counterpart to your intense introduction. I really like the play in the flutes right before the A section is repeated again.

Great work, C J, and thanks for posting!

Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Go Back to forum