• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Wizooverb 2 on Win 7??

Share/Bookmark

Wizooverb 2 on Win 7??

Hi...
    My new computer came with Win 7 and I must stay with it.

Has anyone installed and run Wizoo 2 on Win 7?

I don't want to install it for fear that it will disturb something else, so I will wait for advice from the forum!

What about Vista...I assume if a plugin runs on Vista it will run on 7?

Thanx & Happy Holidays!

Snorlax.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Re: Wizooverb 2 on Win 7??

Jim,

You might be able to install it but I don't think you will be able to license it. I am going through the same thing with Vista 64 bit. I installed it and it launches fine in standalone mode (there may be some issues within Cubase 5) My problen is I can't authorize the new installation. LEt me know if you proceed and have any luck doing so. Just an FYI Wizooverb is not supported, nor updated, to run on a 64 bit system

Good luck,

Darren

PS You can read my other threads about it in this forum.
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Darren,
    Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I am on 32-bit Windows 7 Enterprise.
    Would that change your response?
    I'll look at the other thread when I return home.
    Thanx...
    Jim W.

EDIT:I looked at some of your other posts and the link that a user provided.
    Avid says it isn't Vista-compatible, so 7 probably isn't either.
    But I'll try it as long as it won't break anything else, since I am on a 32-bit system.

Jim W.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    Darren,
    Thanks for the response. I should have mentioned that I am on 32-bit Windows 7 Enterprise.
    Would that change your response?
    I'll look at the other thread when I return home.
    Thanx...
    Jim W.

EDIT:I looked at some of your other posts and the link that a user provided.
    Avid says it isn't Vista-compatible, so 7 probably isn't either.
    But I'll try it as long as it won't break anything else, since I am on a 32-bit system.

Jim W.
    Jim,

this reverb is one of the best I have ever heared. I am so sorry to tell you, I think you can`t license it.

Merry Christmas

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Not to sound like I think I should run the world, nor that I have "JD" after my name, but I think I need to read the EULA for WizzoVerb. It remains one of my go-to tools, and I would be very disappointed to lose access to it just because the developers felt the need to put in place an onerous, and unsupportable licensing tool.

This is why copy protection is a bad idea - you purchased a license, and I'm guessing you have lived up to your end of the contract. They should have lived up to theirs by putting the authorization capability into escrow, or simply removed the requirement.

This is also why people crack software, or use cracked software... this is the part where the developers bring it on themselves and I have no pity for them.

Stealing is wrong whether you are using pirated libraries (because you can't afford to license them - please!) or you are a developer that sells off your products to a company that does not honor the original EULA.

Oh, to answer your original question - I was able to install Wizzoverb on the Windows 7 RC in both 32 bit and 64 bit environments. I was unable to license it in either. At the time I was optimistic that the issue would be resolved when Windows 7 was released. Now that I know I am wrong I suppose it's time to do some research!

UGH!

Well, after the holidays...
    Bill Thompson
    Audio Enterprise
    KB3KJF

Bill,
    I agree fully. This is case #67,457,059 in which legitimate users suffer while pirates blithely sail on using the product we can't authorize.

I successfully de- and/or re-authorized almost EVERYTHING as I changed over--even my NI stuff went on without a hitch.

The only hassles I have had were with Wizoo and with a plug-in from IK Multimedia. They don't respond to phone calls and I cannot log into the IK user forum despite having a username and password.

Given the price I paid for Wizoo, it won't kill me, but it's the principle of the thing.

Please keep me posted, Bill, as your research continues.And thanks to others who responded, even with bad news!

73 de N9EJR
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Hmmm, one more reason to stay with good old XP. I'd hate to loose Wizoo. But, I'm surprised to learn you can't run the Wizoo Certifier in XP compatibility mode; this really ought to be possible - it would solve many problems with older software.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post
    Hmmm, one more reason to stay with good old XP. I'd hate to loose Wizoo. But, I'm surprised to learn you can't run the Wizoo Certifier in XP compatibility mode; this really ought to be possible - it would solve many problems with older software.
    I'll try that tonight. I wasn't sure what difficulties that might create.
    Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

UPDATE:
    I was able to solve my IK problem with compatibility mode.
    I had tried it on another non-music piece of s/w and it gagged, so I shied away from it.
    Let's see what happens with Wizoo in compatibility mode...
    Thanks, Nickie, for the encouragement to try it again with IK.

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge View Post

Staying with XP won't solve your problems if you ever have to reinstall it. It's the licensing that is the issue.

It seems to me that M-Audio/Avid need to step up to the plate here and either give us a way to continue to authorize, in case of buying a new machine or a hard drive crash, or release a version that is free seeing as they don't seem to care if they sell another piece of this software.

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Go Back to forum