• Register
  • Help

View Poll Results: What Percentage do you use Headphones and Monitors?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Headphones 100% of the time

4 26.67%
  • Headphones 80% of the time, Monitors 20%

1 6.67%
  • Headphones 60% of the time, Monitors 40%

1 6.67%
  • Headphones 40% of the time, Monitors 60%

3 20.00%
  • Headphones 20% of the time, Monitors 80%

3 20.00%
  • Monitors 100% of the time

3 20.00%

Topic: What Percentage Do You Use Headphones/Monitors?

Share/Bookmark

Question What Percentage Do You Use Headphones/Monitors?

What percentage of the time do you use headphones and Audio Monitors? I thought it was obvious at one time, as in "REAL audio people only use audio monitors", but I don't think that is the case any more. For detailed listening, I believe people are using headphones a great deal of the time, perhaps the majority of the time. This poll goes for casual listening as well as composing. So, roughly, what are you doing these days?
    Doyle W. Donehoo, Composer
    Radar Music
    www.doylewdonehoo.com

Re: What Percentage Do You Use Headphones/Monitors?

I have neighbours nextdoor so for playing loud I use earphones and for when I'm playing late at night. I prefair my Bowers & Wilkins moniters though soon as I see the neighbours leave the house I turn the amp upto 11.

As I need to hear everything, through my headphone, with no assumptions on what the viewer/listener will be listening through.Whenever I was travelling that time I like to use earphone for listening music. I think that peoples are daily using headphones for listening music.

Headphones tracking problem, but it is not easy to create a mixture of sounds like a good headphone speakers do not sound like a good combination. The combination is a good speaker, almost certainly sounds like a good pair of headphones.

Quote Originally Posted by dwdonehoo View Post
    What percentage of the time do you use headphones and Audio Monitors? I thought it was obvious at one time, as in "REAL audio people only use audio monitors", but I don't think that is the case any more. For detailed listening, I believe people are using headphones a great deal of the time, perhaps the majority of the time. This poll goes for casual listening as well as composing. So, roughly, what are you doing these days?
    I have always preferred headphones for two reasons:

1. I dislike it when someone in the nieghborhood is blasting away with music I really don't want to be subjected to (especially rap). Being a classical music guy for the most part puts me in a small minority, so I figure my neighbors would feel the same way about what I like to listen to. Besides, I'm a night owl, especially on weekends, so if I want to crank up Beethoven's 9th at 3 in the morning, I can do it without disturbing anyone.

2. I enjoy having the music close to my ears so I can really concentrate on all the sound going on without interference from outside noises.

I'm a composer, so my speaker use is just basically to check the quality of my audio mixes against what I'm hearing over the headphones.

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Well, as for me, I use the headphones and monitor from 8:am until 10 in the evening. I can't just set aside the headphone when i use the monitor because my job is to edit some musical pieces. I really need to hear all the notes that has been edited in order to make the piece perfect. So it goes 25% to headphones and 25% to monitor.

Go Back to forum