• Register
  • Help

Topic: Where are the trills for woodwinds in GPO4?

Share/Bookmark

Where are the trills for woodwinds in GPO4?

Hello people,

I'd like to know how I can do trills for woodwinds instruments in GPO4?

Best regards,

Fred.
    There is no spoon.

Re: Where are the trills for woodwinds in GPO4?

You can do a rapid alternation of notes, either half-step or whole-step with no space between the notes. It's simple to do it yourself. If you have access to a piano roll view in your sequencer, overlap the notes just slightly.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Thanks.

I know how to do trills but I wanted to know if GPO provides trills for woodwinds like they do for strings. Maybe I asked wrongly my question.
    There is no spoon.

it would be nice if there were recorded trills (those sound soooooo much better than do-it-yourself trills).
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by keithjfuller View Post
    it would be nice if there were recorded trills (those sound soooooo much better than do-it-yourself trills).
    That's exactly why I asked about trills in GPO.

But maybe there are trills in COMB or JABB?

I intend to get COMB and JABB to augment GPO4 as soon as they are available in ARIA player.
    There is no spoon.

gpo is great, and for the price i'd say it can't be beat. but if you need other sounds there are plenty of other libraries out there.
    -Keith Fuller

---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

There are no trills in JABB or COMB. I rarely use canned trills as you can't control the speed of the trills. Trills can vary quite a bit depending on the music style, period, tempo, etc.

Jim

i think you can control them with the new hollywoodwinds library. They have runs and everything that work across all tempos.
    -Keith Fuller

---

Quote Originally Posted by boulifb View Post
    Hello people,

I'd like to know how I can do trills for woodwinds instruments in GPO4?

Best regards,

Fred.
    Hi, Fred - I don't think the real issue has been addressed yet in the responses you've gotten.

Something I wish wouldn't have happened with the upgrade of GPO to the Aria player (GPO4) is that what were soloists in the previous GPO are now polyphonic. That's what's preventing you from playing trills the way you want.

That's where "Auto Legato" comes in very handy. When that's turned on for an instrument, you have monophonic playback, and a better version of it than in KP2, because actual trills can be played by holding down one note and tapping the needed trill note.

Auto Legato is meant as an automated way to achieve the legato we used to only do with the sustain pedal, cc64, but I find it doesn't sound as good as the previously established method - so I still use cc64 for legato--But turn AL on when I want trills.

Happily, AL can be turned on and off with cc102.

Try it. You'll like it.

Randy

Go Back to forum