• Register
  • Help

Topic: Mystery music box tune

Share/Bookmark

Mystery music box tune

My friend received this music box as a gift and cannot identify the tune... neither can I (and I'm usually pretty good with tunes). She even called the manufacturer and they can't help.

Re: Mystery music box tune

It's pentatonic, so it could be Chinese-ish in origin. The rhythm suggest a similar origin, but it's way beyond my cultural bagage. I cannot even tell if it's classical or restaurant Chinese...
    Theo

But it could also be Scottish or Irish (thats sort of Celtic) but there again didn't the Hungarians go in for stuff like this (eg Bartok)
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    But it could also be Scottish or Irish (thats sort of Celtic) but there again didn't the Hungarians go in for stuff like this (eg Bartok)
    Well, I would go for Bartok, probably one of his childen's pieces, maybe Bear Dance? I will look through my music later, before going to bed.

Richard

Well, I have checked all the Bartok I could find in my house, not Bear Dance or one of the 85 childrens pieces. But it does sound like Bartok, but depending on performance style, could be folk music from ???
    Last edited by rwayland; 12-27-2009 at 03:50 AM. Reason: add material

You could try the following site - no guarantees if course

www.themefinder.org/
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Wikipedia has some sites that can help identify songs. Maybe you could try these that I found at this page:

http://www.wikihow.com/Identify-Songs-Using-Melody

Just a thought....
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum