• Register
  • Help

Topic: Q for Trilian-users with Ableton Live

Share/Bookmark

Q for Trilian-users with Ableton Live

First, let me express my joy about Trilian. It makes so much fun that I even find myself trying other music styles...it's simply inspiring!

My question refers to a problem though. Whenever I try to drag a midi file onto or over Trilian (Groove lock, you know...) Live crashes. I find -and experience- Live 8 to be unstable at the moment but I can't check with v7 as I've deleted it already.

So if there's a user out there with this problem (or not) please chime in. I'll know then where to send my bug report to.

Re: Q for Trilian-users with Ableton Live

I´m with Live 8 (v, 8.09) and Trilian.
    I haven´t used the groove lock, i.e. can´t comment the
    MIDI file drag behaviour, but I have noticed that the Live´s session
    with the Trilian can be pretty unstable, especially Live is very sensitive
    for overloading and rather easily crashes.

I don´t know if this is because of the Steam and how much about the general unstability of the Live (some Live versions are more unstable than other).
    Anyway, the RMX including MIDI file management
    works very well with the Live.

Harry

Thank you, Harry. Your experience is equal to mine. Omni and RMX work flawless to date, while the overload-problem seems to affect Live's stability in general.

don't know if it's relevant to your issue in particular, but ableton have just announced a major initiative to temporarily stop all feature development and focus exclusively on stability and bug squashing. to that end, they released 8.1--and shortly after, 8.1.1--and are promising more free maintenance updates in the near future.

the lists of improvements (8.1 and 8.1.1) addressed in these updates are long. you might want to try it out.
    Last edited by noetic; 01-01-2010 at 02:54 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by noetic View Post
    don't know if it's relevant to your issue in particular, but ableton have just announced a major initiative to temporarily stop all feature development and focus exclusively on stability and bug squashing. to that end, they released 8.1--and shortly after, 8.1.1--and are promising more free maintenance updates in the near future.

the lists of improvements (8.1 and 8.1.1 addressed in these updates are long. you might want to try it out.
    Yes, the stability-issue is a big challenge for the Ableton. It looks like
    the evolution of the Live is at early stage concerning some fundamental aspects (then some other features are really future-reaching).
    In my DAW so far most stable version has been the 8.09. The comments concerning two latest releases (8.10-11) in the Live support Forum are all other than promising, it looks like I´ll stay with the 8.09, in the near future anyway. H.
    P4, XP Pro, SP3, RAM 8 GB, Presonus Firebox, Axiom49

Great news, guys: With the latest rel. (8.1.1) the problem disappeared. I can confirm this 100% for my machine because I could recreate the error over and over again. Now every test fails: Live stays a-live and Trilian swallows my mid-file like intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollo View Post
    Great news, guys: With the latest rel. (8.1.1) the problem disappeared. I can confirm this 100% for my machine because I could recreate the error over and over again. Now every test fails: Live stays a-live and Trilian swallows my mid-file like intended.
    hey, awesome!
    glad it's working out for you.

Go Back to forum