• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOP4 and Finale 2010

Share/Bookmark

GOP4 and Finale 2010

I use GPO4 mostly with Finale 2010. I know Finale has its own limited version of GPO, as well as a smaller Aria player. However, I prefer to use the standalone Aria Player, but have not been able to import some sounds that come with the Finale version (e.g. general midi percussion, or Tapspace Percussion) that I'd like to be able to use. I get an error message that says: "Instrument Parser, Macro $A not defined, Can't find audiofile..."
    Since Garritan's Tech Support is almost non-existent, can someone on this forum help me out or, better even, post a quick description on how to best use the Aria Player and GPO4 in conjuntion with Finale?
    Thanks!

Re: GOP4 and Finale 2010

Welcome to the forum carlossg.

Why aren't you using Aria (I'll call it full GPO) inside of Finale? If you do that I believe you can load the sounds exclusive to Finale inside the aria player if used inside of Finale (whew).

I may be wrong about that as I haven't tested it, but when I click on a slot to load a sample, it appears as though I could choose the Finale sounds as well as the standard and notation sounds with full gpo.

Steve Winkler

Thanks for your response, swinkler. I see what you say, and I have tried using the Aria player that comes within Finale, but I'd prefer to use the Aria (full GPO) because I very much like the way the interface looks, including the controls and mixer windows, which are bigger, more comprehensive (stereo staging, more control over some effects, etc.) and clear than those in the Finale version, and thus more comfortable and efficient (for me)

Quote Originally Posted by swinkler View Post
    Welcome to the forum carlossg.

Why aren't you using Aria (I'll call it full GPO) inside of Finale? If you do that I believe you can load the sounds exclusive to Finale inside the aria player if used inside of Finale (whew).

I may be wrong about that as I haven't tested it, but when I click on a slot to load a sample, it appears as though I could choose the Finale sounds as well as the standard and notation sounds with full gpo.

Steve Winkler

I totally agree with you. I prefer the full GPO as well. Not only is the interface better, but you have more choices in sounds.

I think my question comes from the fact that you refer to using "standalone Aria player". Maybe I misunderstand, but this term implies you're opening Finale, then opening Aria separately and using some virtual midi device to link the two together.

I guess the only reason you'd really need the Finale player is for some of the sounds that come with Finale but aren't part of GPO like saxes and other JABB and ethnic sounds. As I said though I think you can open those in Aria if you're using Aria inside of Finale.

Steve

Go Back to forum