• Register
  • Help

Topic: To Gary Re: GOS2

Share/Bookmark

To Gary Re: GOS2

Dear Gary,

You've been hearing people ask about GOS2 for years now. I personally have been anticipating its release since about 2005. As the the calendar changes to 2010, I can't help but be disappointed that I'm still waiting.

I was so excited earlier this year when it was annouced at NAMM. But after reading your replies to a recent thread on the subject, (http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=69320) I am feeling pretty frustrated.

Yes, no single library is the answer, etc. You can give me any number of reasons why I should just be patient. It will only make me more frustrated.

I do love the Garritan libraries that I do own. They are fantastic. Especially for the price. And, as a notation user and a student, there are not many other options.

I am still, however, left with questions:

Am I going to have to wait another 5 years?

Another 10?

Can you say definitively that it will be released by 2011? Or 2012? 2020?

It's easier to wait if you know how long you have to.

PLEASE!

Re: To Gary Re: GOS2

Gary will have it ready to release when it is ready to release. Stating an exact time (for any software release - especially virtual instruments) is always risky business. Any number of hurdles can pop up during the process and we all know Gary does not skimp on the care and love with his products.

My answer does not help you, but just know that Gary will get it right and at a very fair price. It will be worth the wait - we composers just need to use what tools we have now and be thankful for them.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Quote Originally Posted by indianamusic View Post
    Gary will have it ready to release when it is ready to release. Stating an exact time (for any software release - especially virtual instruments) is always risky business. Any number of hurdles can pop up during the process and we all know Gary does not skimp on the care and love with his products.

My answer does not help you, but just know that Gary will get it right and at a very fair price. It will be worth the wait - we composers just need to use what tools we have now and be thankful for them.
    Very well put indianamusic and I am in complete agreement with what you say.

Also to 156215, I would refer you to the following link by Gary in which he clarifies his policy regarding projecting possible release dates and other such information:

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...9&postcount=28
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

By the way, Gary now has some other priorities, his family. See his post on this subject. Let us be patient, start a symphony with the lenght of some Mahler's/Bruckner's and you will ready in time for GOS2..... haha (no offense, just joking).

Raymond

Go Back to forum