• Register
  • Help

Topic: SONAR and drum problems on JABB

Share/Bookmark

Question SONAR and drum problems on JABB

I've been trying to mix my midi/sampled JABB drums to an analog track in Sonar 3. The midi/sample track sounds great.

BUT - when I try to take this performance and mix the midi/sample track to an analog track (via the "Bounce to Tracks" selection in SONAR), the analog is "corrupted". That is, there are parts of the analog track where a cymbal is cut short in some places ... or suddenly a drum hit(s) is missing/muted. Again, the midi/sampled track sounds fine.

I don't seem to have the same problem with strings in GP03 when I do this same type of midi->analog conversion. Although, with strings, this type of problems might get buried in the overall orchestra. I'll need to confirm.

Any ideas?

BPOCO

Re: SONAR and drum problems on JABB

Be sure you're doing the bouncing with "Fast Bounce" checked - you don't want to bounce in real time.

Randy B.
    EDIT: Wrong, Randy--I was thinking of the Aria player. IT needs to bounce tracks in Sonar at the default Fast Bounce setting, but often in the Kontakt Player, tracks need to be bounced with Fast Bounce UN-checked, otherwise errors will creep in. Tom Hopkins explained this awhile back. It has to do with the two different ways these sample players render data. __________________

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Be sure you're doing the bouncing with "Fast Bounce" checked - you don't want to bounce in real time.

Randy B.

I confirmed that "Fast Bounce" is checked. But thanks for the reply.

Randy B.

Randy - Actually - UNCHECKING the "Fast Bounce" option fixed my problem. Thanks - because without your suggestion I would have never experimented with this option.

BPOCO

I've had the opposite experience in Sonar. If a fast bounce doesn't work, I'll switch to a real-time bounce, and even make it an audible one, if necessary.

Once, I even had to route the output of my D/A interface through my mixer and back in to the input of the interface and record the synth as an audio track because I couldn't beat the bounce procedure into submission (see here)

Good luck, and keep trying different things...

Oh, and if you're going to use the fast bounce, make sure that the "Offline Rendering" button is pressed under the "Engine" tab in Kontakt Player 2.

I always bounce with the 'fast bounce' option unchecked in Sonar when bouncing Kontakt tracks. I've never had a problem in many years of doing this.

Now with the ARIA player, you should do a fast bounce.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by bpoco View Post
    Randy - Actually - UNCHECKING the "Fast Bounce" option fixed my problem. Thanks - because without your suggestion I would have never experimented with this option.

BPOCO
    MY BAD! I'm glad you got to experimenting with Bounce---I had my sample players mixed up. For Years I've pointed out over and over to people that you often need to un-check Fast bounce so the bounce is done slowly for The Strad, the Gofriller and The Authorized Steinway. And sometimes it's best for GPO and the other Garritan Libraries.

But that's all in KP2. In Aria, as was explained very well to us awhile back by Tom Hopkins, fast bounce is needed, otherwise Aria gets confused and makes errors.

SO--it's confusing, but with Kontakt, you often need to Un-check Fast--with Aria, you need to keep it checked.

My earlier post was exactly the opposite of what I meant. Oh well!

Randy B.

Randy B.
    EDIT: Wrong, Randy--I was thinking of the Aria player. IT needs to bounce tracks in Sonar at the default Fast Bounce setting, but often in the Kontakt Player, tracks need to be bounced with Fast Bounce UN-checked, otherwise errors will creep in. Tom Hopkins explained this awhile back. It has to do with the two different ways these sample players render data.

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    I always bounce with the 'fast bounce' option unchecked in Sonar when bouncing Kontakt tracks. I've never had a problem in many years of doing this.

Now with the ARIA player, you should do a fast bounce.

Jim
    Yes, Jim--you're absolutely right. I had my wires crossed earlier and was thinking of Aria which has to render track in the Fast Bounce mode. I've corrected all my posts - my info was exactly the opposite of what I meant!

Chalk it up to being distracted. See the "I Got Married" thread.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum