• Register
  • Help

Topic: Homeward Bound (GPO + band)

Smile Homeward Bound (GPO + band)

Hi folks,

Well as you probably all know, I don't write that often these days. This piece has been "in the works" for a couple of months; the odd hour here and there. Mostly I sit down to write and nothing happens; this one kind of grew on me, so I decided to finish it. Just got the mix completed in time for the new year

The arrangement is my usual GPO + band + various other bits and bobs. The second verse is the GPO solo Alto Flute, which I must say is haunting, melancholy and just plain gorgeous. This library _still_ holds its own after so many years.

Anyway, I hope you like it:

... or browse to the top of the list:

Hope you like it, and a happy new year everyone!
    John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement

Re: Homeward Bound (GPO + band)

Beautiful, John 'Awksley...just beautiful!

You have done your usual masterful job, young chap and I enjoyed it thoroughly. From where did the fine guitar come?

We don't see (and hear) enough of you, my friend. You must do something about that.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful music with us. Have a great 2010!

My Best,
    Larry G. Alexander

1:34, that's you! There are also other bits I recognize from your other songs (I love "Open Road"), but that is like a finger print in CSI...

A lovely, light, sweet piece with a touch of melancholy (home sickness, I guess), finely produced, a few subtle things in the arrangement, orchestration. They should write a TV show around it...

Hi Larry + Theo, many thanks for listening!

@Larry there are three acoustic guitars here (Ovation, 12-string, Dobro) plus an electric; I think they came from the "Pure Guitars" library which I bought many years ago, which is still serving me really well.

@Theo thanks to you too; I have this V with bass IV fingerprint which you pointed out, I also have a IV+9th and V+9th fingerprint (also 2nd inversion) which keeps coming up too :-) Glad you liked it!

Happy new year to you both

John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement

Go Back to forum