• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni Layer mixing

Share/Bookmark

Omni Layer mixing

I'm scratching my head here folks!
    I've created a patch in Omni, using a synth on layer A and a sample soundsource on layer B.
    To crossfade between the 2 layers, I've midi learned A and midi leaned inverted B. Fine so far.
    However, the overall balance between the 2 favours layer A. In other words I want layer B to be louder at the outset so that the crossfades are more balanced.
    Is there anywhere I can add a bit of gain to layer B so that it's base volume is higher by default?
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Re: Omni Layer mixing

How about lowering the volume of A instead of raising B?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Yes, that's lateral thinking. However, with the sliders midi learned and midi learned inverted, they are still out of balance.
    This is my first REAL attempt at building a working patch, and I'm more of a patch tweaker so I'm in unknown territory.
    I was wondering, and I'll have a go later, if setting up a modulation routing, of say the breath controller to amplitude will "limit" the default loudness of the loudest layer?? This really is new ground for me!

Patch here:
    www.tonaleffects.co.uk/PPG-Sweep-NB.prt_omn
    Last edited by NeilB; 01-06-2010 at 04:56 AM. Reason: update
    Neil B
    Pentium 4 PC Windows XP Home 32 bit 3.6 Ghz, Omnisphere, Stylus RMX, Trilian, Kontakt 3, GPO 3, EWQLSC, Scope Pulsar II, Cubase 4.5

Try the Soundsource Zoom page and the new Soundsource mixer in there. :-)

Thanks for that Eric - I'll give it a try later.
    Neil B

Go Back to forum