• Register
  • Help

Topic: SUNSET BREAK by Mercury Legion with The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

SUNSET BREAK by Mercury Legion with The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

I am doing a project with Mercury Legion out of California, it's instrumental Surf Rock. They are sending me the tracks they record (drums, bass guitar, rhythm and lead guitars)and I am adding the synth and orchestra plus doing the mixing & mastering. I hooked up with them a few years ago through their label Malt Soda Records (it's a Punk Rock label believe it or not and I was helping the label with some tracks......and you ask why I drink).

Any way, here is the first song of the project, the title is SUNSET BREAK. It's old school Surf Rock with an orchestra and my sound.

Stuff used:

Drums, bass guitar and all electric and acoustic guitars.......................Mercury Legion

Yamaha Synth track ...............Me (Hey, if I'm doing a song there is going to be synth in it some where.)

GPO used; ( I ONLY USE GPO, for what I do it IS the best thing out there)

Cellos
    Violas
    Violins
    French Horns
    Trumpets
    Bassoons

Life is good!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Re: SUNSET BREAK by Mercury Legion with The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

Aram;
    Smooth, sweet and evocative, nice work on the mix too! Makes me want to wax-up the old surf board and head for the beach, except there isn't one around here and if there were, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!
    This sound great and is a great start to the project!
    Good luck with it and thanks for your posting!

Best regards,
    sd cisco

Re: SUNSET BREAK by Mercury Legion with The Back Room Wall Of Sound Orchestra

Thanks SD. There are going to be two version for some of the songs, one straight without me backing and one with me backing. The guys aren't used to having an orchestra and synthesizers backing them up so it's kind of a hard sell. LOL
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Go Back to forum