• Register
  • Help

Topic: Imaginary Isomorphic Time

Share/Bookmark

Imaginary Isomorphic Time

Here is my newest.

The piece uses different types of Mathematics and Physics in its composition.

http://www.box.net/shared/cn7osegdm1

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Re: Imaginary Isomorphic Time

I had a great time listening to this. The twists and turns always kept me involved and wanting to hear more.

Thank you.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

Is there a reason that you posted the same piece four times on this page?

Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

King

I do appreciate it and have sent you a PM.

Larry

I posted this post only. The others are automatically generated by netsounds and if you try those links, you will see that they are dead.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Here is my newest.

The piece uses different types of Mathematics and Physics in its composition.
    Hi!
    Thanks for the link for listening!
    I´m curiuos, how have you worked with this piece?
    What sampleplayer? How have you treated the sound (EQ, Reverb etc..)?
    How do you use the Mathematics and Physics??

Regards
    TompaD
    Sweden

TompaD

The piece uses EWQLSO Platinum (Play Engine) and was composed in Sonar 8 PE. I EQ some of the audio outs in Sonar's Console view with the supplied Sonitus Eq but I am starting to do more of that to try to seperate the instruments a little more. I use added Reverb in the Play engine for all of the instruments that sit back in the mix. Once I am happy with what I have done in Sonar, I take the Wav file into Soundforge where I add some overall reverb, some more Eq and then compress it a little and limit it some to get the overall volume where I want it.

Music is just a Mathematical expression of Frequencies. This piece does not use any algorithms, but it does use Geometry in the 2nd part as the lines run perpendicular to each other. For example, the Oboe goes up at about a 45 degree angle as the Clarinet goes down at about a 45 degree angle giving a total of 90 degrees, which is a right angle, which makes the 2 lines perpendicular to each other. This relationship is repeated in both single instruments and duets. In the last section, I used some Abstract Algebra in the form of Group Isomorphism.

A Group Isomorphism is defined as: An isomorphism Φ from a group G to H is a one to one mapping (or function) from G onto H which perserves the group operation. That is (ab)Φ = (aΦ)(bΦ) for all a, b in G.

Put into simpler terms, I used different notes that performed the same type of operation to produce the same relative results.

I used Physics throughout the piece, but mostly in the first section where the motion of the lines are derived from various movements of elementary particles (bosons, mesons, quarks etc). As in how particles behave when they are thrown at each other at high velocities to create high energies. Which is what Particle accelerators do.

The above math was not used to create the piece as much as I noticed the patterns afterwards.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post

The piece uses EWQLSO Platinum
    Ok! Thats why I thought it sounded greater than my GPO! ;-)

Have you tried GPO? If so how does GPO compare with EWQLSO?

I EQ some of the audio outs in Sonar's Console view with the supplied Sonitus Eq but I am starting to do more of that to try to seperate the instruments a little more. I use added Reverb in the Play engine for all of the instruments that sit back in the mix. Once I am happy with what I have done in Sonar, I take the Wav file into Soundforge where I add some overall reverb, some more Eq and then compress it a little and limit it some to get the overall volume where I want it.
    Intresting, that "workmap" havn't I tried....On my To-Do-list now, thanks
    for the information.

Music is just a Mathematical expression of Frequencies. This piece does not use any algorithms, but it does use Geometry in the 2nd part as the lines run perpendicular to each other. For example, the Oboe goes up at about a 45 degree angle as the Clarinet goes down at about a 45 degree angle giving a total of 90 degrees, which is a right angle, which makes the 2 lines perpendicular to each other.
    Wait! 45 degree angle?? Messured from what? Notheads in system??

This relationship is repeated in both single instruments and duets. In the last section, I used some Abstract Algebra in the form of Group Isomorphism.

A Group Isomorphism is defined as: An isomorphism Φ from a group G to H is a one to one mapping (or function) from G onto H which perserves the group operation. That is (ab)Φ = (aΦ)(bΦ) for all a, b in G.
    ! Sorry - IM LOST!! I need some time to melt this and to check my books from school.....where is my "Matematik A"?

May I ask what you work with??

I must say its good that I can enjoy your music without understanding the mathematiqs behind it.

Regards
    TompaD

TompaD

I am one of Gary's greatest fans. I have used GPO for a number of years and also have JABB and the Steinway. Using those instruments taught me a lot in how to use a DAW.

Pricewise, nothing can compete with GPO. EWQL costs a ton more and fits into more of a Hollywood style of production. There is also lots of inherent reverb in EWQL which can make it a difficult library to work with when trying to combine it with other libraries.

Fortunately the math behind my music is usually superfluous when it comes to listening to it.

Ron

Go Back to forum