• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere problem with export in Cubase 5

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere problem with export in Cubase 5

I am running Omnisphere in Cubase 5 (64 bit) and am having trouble exporting a song.

The first 4 bars of my song contain 2 Omnisphere patches and some cymbals from Stylu RMX. When I play the song in Cubase all is fine but When I export the song as a wav file the Omnisphere patches cut out just after starting. One of the patches is Drops of Glass Arp and I'm holding a single note. I can hear it chiming away for a second and then it just cuts out. The second patch is a pad and it does the same thing.

If I freeze Omnisphere it works and the export does not cut out. Hmmm...

My system is Quadcore Intel with 8 gigs of ram, 3 hard drives (1 for programs, one for samples, one for recording to) running Vista 64 bit. My audio card is an Echo layla 3G (but this shouldn't mater during export.

It's been driving me bonkers all day trying to trouble shoot it. Any thoughts?

All the very best,

Darren

PS all my Omnisphere and Cubase patches are up to date as is my audio card. I also tried exporting differnet bit rates and disserent file types (.aiff, etc) same problem...
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Omnisphere problem with export in Cubase 5

Hi,

I don't know what causes the 'problem'...have you tried to export the song as "Realtime Export"?

Quote Originally Posted by Roshi Ai View Post
    Hi,

I don't know what causes the 'problem'...have you tried to export the song as "Realtime Export"?
    Roshi,

Yeah, sorry I forgot to mention that. It works with realtime export. this is fine for a song that isn't pushing the CPU but will not work when I get a song that has a ton of tracks and effects etc.

Good suggestion!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Send us the session and we'll check it out. info@spectrasonics.net

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Send us the session and we'll check it out. info@spectrasonics.net
    Eric,

Do you mean send you my Cubase file? I am doing some trouble shooting now. I deleted all of the VST's and just saved the raw MIDI data in a project file. I then loaded up all of my VST instruments into a blank project with no MIDI data. I am now in the process of dragging the MIDI data from the "no VST's" project into the "no MIDI - loaded VST's project, and am rendering out a pass everytime I add an instrument.

So far Omnisphere is rendering out OK. I had 3 UVI instrumnets in the composition and, although they played fine while composing, they are the locking up Cubase upon rendering. I substituted the UVI sounds with some Kontakt and Play samples and that's when I started losing the export with Omni. I'll keep you posted, shouldn't take too much longer.

Thanks for checking in. Your support is always so much appreciated!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Eric,

Here's what I just found out. I have 5 Omnishpere patches loaded, they are

1) Drops of Glass Arp
    2) A custom breathy pad I made (not too crazy just a couple of layers)
    3) Martin Acoustic Guitar 6 String a
    4) Attack Shimmer
    5) Ooh Aah Morph

All was rendering well until I added the last sound to my "blank slate" (as descibed above in my previous post)

When I tried to render out the last pass (which at this point only contains Omnisphere sounds) the rendered audio cuts out for a few bars at the beginning.

Is there a polyphony count that I may be maxxing out? Funny thing is that the Ooh Aah Morph doesn't start in the composition for quite a few bars so it actually may not be a polyphony issue. Maybe the ooh aah morph secretly hates the Drops of glass Arp and are turning off their little glass drop thingies just to be spiteful (I'm trying to retain a sense of humor while I burn in 64 bit Hell )

Let me know if their are any settings in Omni that can I could change. (or at least how to intimidtae the ooh aah girls to play nice in the sandbox...)

Darren

PS When I delete the OOh Ahh sound and re-render the audio Omni still cuts out. It's like the Ooh Ahh are "breaking" the ability to render. (i.e once loaded it stops rendering properly and deleting them off of the MIDI track doesn't bring it back to thestae before I added it.)
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

See the "Streaming, Freezing, and Bouncing" FAQ at support.spectrasonics.net for information about this issue.

- Glenn

Go Back to forum