• Register
  • Help

Topic: Polka n1

Polka n1

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to write a polka schnell in the similar manner to Strauss, son.

I have done the introduction and the first theme.

Let me know if it is valuable to continue it or stop it.

Here's the file:
    Polka n1.mp3

PS: yes, it's done with GPO4 only.
    There is no spoon.

Re: Polka n1

Of course it's worthwhile (not valuable) to continue. It sounds happy and danceable (although probably too fast for the dance floor), and really "in the style of". It immediately conjures a 19th century atmosphere of Vienna ball rooms.

The mix could use a bit more space: the instruments are too much on top of each other, and a greater difference between the melody and the "hits" or accents (2 or 3 dBs, something like that). You could consider putting a light accent on all instruments at certain points (like an fp; my internal ear says the third note of each phrase, the one that is at the beginning of the first bar after the phrase starts), but that's just about the programming. The music sounds fine.

I agree with Theo. You have the character and the nature of a Strauss waltz. "Always finish what you start" my dad would say and this certainly needs to be pursued. Bring it back when it's done and I'll grab my wife aand we'll dance!

Best regards,
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go on, finish it, give it a bit more reverb (ambience). This is the start of a great dancing piece. Please. I never dance, but fot his I will make an exception!!!

Go Back to forum