• Register
  • Help

Topic: Background Vocal r&b/pop samples

Share/Bookmark

Background Vocal r&b/pop samples

I´ve scanned through most of the sample libraries in the market but so far haven´t found good basic r&b/pop style background choir "aah´s and uuh´s" vocal samples. The most innovative vocal tools seem to be made for other genres.

Any good hints for the versatile vocal sample libraries for generating background harmonies e.g. with the help of the Melodyne (e.g the Liquid is much too restricted).

Harry

Re: Background Vocal r&b/pop samples

Spectrasonics 'Vocal Planet' has some R&B type of vocals and someone correct me if I'm wrong but did they include the whole 'Vocal Planet' samples in Omnisphere?
    Pasi Pitkänen
    Website | Facebook

You didn't say whether you'd checked out Ueberschall's Liquid Voices -are they no good for you?

best

Nigel

Hi All,

I don't know if all of Vocal Planet is on Omnisphere but if not it must be close to it. Here is a link to the sounds list.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instrum...nd_library.php

Have fun!!

Regards John

For years I have thought this was a good market for sample developers to explore.
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel W View Post
    You didn't say whether you'd checked out Ueberschall's Liquid Voices -are they no good for you?

best

Nigel
    Nigel, Liquid (Voices 1-2) are too restricted - there are some nice vocals but the variety of e.g.timbres, styles and phrasings are too limited, in my opinion.
    I absolutely agree with jeffn1: strange that there are this kind of "hole" in
    the sample library markets, although one can find almost all kind of strange
    sounds and imaginable exotic instruments. Harry P.s. I don´t own Omnisphere, yet.

Go Back to forum