• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Fantasy Epic Suite

Share/Bookmark

Epic Fantasy Suite

Another demo from the VSL download collection, this time Epic horns. I've never been an epic type composer so this demo is more of an epic inspiration within my own genre.

Epic Fantasy Suite

Epic Fantasy Suite (part 2)

I appreciate any comments, thanks!

Guy

Re: Fantasy Epic Suite

I have Epic Horns, they are awesome,.... now I am really preaching to the choir.

So Guy, have you landed any good gigs lately?
    You can email me the answer to that if you like... or not

I've said it once, I'll say it again....
    I love your work!

Just a few small issues,.. right after the solo piano section near the middle the horns play somewhat "brassy" but the volume for them is un-naturally low.
    Then the tremolo strings and harp are also a tad too soft.
    Just me being picky.
    Dan

Thanks Dan. You are right. I'll try and fix these things tomorrow. I'll email you, maybe you could give the specifc time. I had a harder time with this piece mainly because the Epic horns take so much space, and I needed to feature them a lot.

I appreciate the kind words.

Thumbs up Re: Fantasy Epic Suite

very nice work, part 2 has an amazing sound.

in part 1, I miss some human voices in the middle...any choral patch to add? it should add a trilling sound to the mix.

(...maybe I'm influenced by Dan talking about...LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio View Post
    very nice work, part 2 has an amazing sound.

in part 1, I miss some human voices in the middle...any choral patch to add? it should add a trilling sound to the mix.

(...maybe I'm influenced by Dan talking about...LOL)
    Thanks!

Exacly, I mentioned this on another forum I'd be adding real voices. You confirmed my feelings about this.

Hi Guy, I automated the end.... just before the horns make their final statement, I lowered the last piano note...
    then the horns are turned up to make the raspiness of the horns more natural level relative to the rest of the track.

MP3

Quicktime movie

Windows movie

Thanks Dan, I appreciate that, it sounds nice. There's just one problem you must of noticed, you were stuck with my room noise track and of course we could hear the room noise increasing. So I'll duplicate what you did, on the separate horn track, I could see on the video. Thanks!

I purposely increased the volume during the reverb tail so you could hear the noise

Nice work Guy, LOVE IT!

Now if the horns' A# that they play between 1:48 and 1:50 seconds could be raised a few cents,,,,
    it would be perfect.
    The other A sharps are good, but this one is a tad under pitch.
    Now I'm really pickin nits
    Dan

Ah the pitch, yeah, I detuned a few notes, the only danger is if you go overboard as I seem to have done here. Thanks.

The weakest part seems to be the choir, well what choir? It's only sopranos, but I think we could hope for the VSL choir in the near future, and I'll be able to make the voices richer.

cool beans

Go Back to forum