• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere Lite mode problem

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere Lite mode problem

Hi,
    When I zoom in to lite mode options, there is a button called "leave lite mode on" (if I remember correctly the name of the button). I press that since I want lite mode to be always active. But after I close the project and reopen it, the lite mode button is not active anymore (when not zooming in on the lite mode option). It could be that the lite mode is still active, I don't know, but the button is not highlighted anymore. I need to zoom in on the lite mode option, press "leave lite mode on" again and it stays lit until I close the project again.
    Anyone else notice this?
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

Re: Omnisphere Lite mode problem

It will stay on while the Project is open. So this is behaving as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    It will stay on while the Project is open. So this is behaving as intended.
    Thank you for answering.
    Can you explain the rational behind this? Why not save this setting with the project so that live mode is activated when I reopen the project?
    The thing is, I'm working on a very big project which has 2 instances of Omnisphere with all patches on lite mode in order to reduce RAM.
    Is it possible that if my RAM is reaching its critical point (remember that both Omnis are on lite mode) that once I try to open the project again and lite mode is deactivated, I will get an error message of the sort "out of memory" (or similar) since there will not be enough RAM available for the patches?
    Even worse, I could lose the entire project if Cubase crashes when it tries to open a project which the system cannot support in terms of RAM.
    Your thoughts?

Thanks.
    Q6600 Quad Core 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, E-MU 1616m audio interface, Cubase Studio 4.1.2, Windows XP Pro sp.3, Omnisphere, Atmosphere, Addictive Drums, Amplitube 2 + Jimi Hendrix, Monstrous

AFAIK the way it works is that once a patch is loaded in lite mode and you save the song the patch is also saved along in lite mode and will therefore load again in that state when you reopen the project.
    Only if you want to load additional patches in lite mode you will need to activate Lite mode again.

Hi Hans,
    From my experience, even after I set a patch to lite mode, the next time I reopened the project it was not set to lite mode anymore. I tried this several times and each time those patches which have been set to lite mode were not lite anymore.
    If you have a couple of seconds to spare maybe you can check how it works on your system? Just load Omni in a fresh project and load 1 patch in lite mode. Turn off the project and reopen it. Is it still in lite mode?
    Thanks.

Hans is correct. If you load a patch in Lite mode, then save your project, then later re-open your project: the Omnisphere patch will still be Lite.

The "Lite" button - when on - indicates that you want the currently selected Patch (in the browser) to be made Lite. The "Keep Lite Selected" button means that this is not just a one-time lightening, but you want to use lightening throughout the course of your work session.

The "Lite" button is not a status indicator that shows if a loaded project was lightened when it was created.

If you want to see if a project was lightened when it was created, load the project, then click on the zoom icon next to the Lite button, and if any of the menus are not "No limit" then it was lightened.

Quote Originally Posted by noleander View Post
    Hans is correct. If you load a patch in Lite mode, then save your project, then later re-open your project: the Omnisphere patch will still be Lite.

The "Lite" button - when on - indicates that you want the currently selected Patch (in the browser) to be made Lite. The "Keep Lite Selected" button means that this is not just a one-time lightening, but you want to use lightening throughout the course of your work session.

The "Lite" button is not a status indicator that shows if a loaded project was lightened when it was created.

If you want to see if a project was lightened when it was created, load the project, then click on the zoom icon next to the Lite button, and if any of the menus are not "No limit" then it was lightened.
    o.k.
    So if I understand correctly, after I load a patch in lite mode, save the project, close it and re-open, the patch will still be in lite mode although the lite button is not highlighted. That can be confusing no? why not leave the lite button highlighted so that you know immediately if a patch is in lite mode or not after re-opening a project?

I would actually love to have a global Lite switch so that omnisphere will work in any project with any patch in lite mode till I tell it otherwise even if that otherwise is years from now.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum