• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Steinway + Windows 7 64bit?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Steinway + Windows 7 64bit?

Hi,

Does the Garritan Steinway Professional support Windows 7 64 bit?

Re: Garritan Steinway + Windows 7 64bit?

I'm using Steinway Basic in Windows 7 64 bit with no issues. I haven't installed the Pro version on Win7/64 so I can't give you a personal verification at the moment, but I expect it will work fine. I've installed Pro on Vista 64 in the past and it worked fine.

Anyone using the Pro version successfully with Win 7? I am using Sonar 8.5.2.

THANKS,
    AB

It works. Installed windows 7/64, SONAR 8.5.3/64 and Steinway Pro/64

Raymond

Good to hear. I just upgraded to Win7 64, now with 8g ram.
    Do I need to upgrade my version of Steinway (basic).
    Thanks.
    What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

The Basic version of the Steinway works fine in Windows 7 x64. I usually use the basic version especially when doing full orchestra mockups as it saves memory.

Jim

Hi - It's the last day of the Christmas sale and I'm debating about getting the Steinway Basic.

I'm not a keyboardist, but I love the sound of Steinway. So...

GPO4 already has a "Steinway" piano included. What's the difference in that Steinway and the Basic that's being offerred? Is the sound richer/deeper/better-realized in the Basic than in GPO4? I suspect the answer is yes, but would like to know anyone's thoughts on getting the Steinway Basic as opposed to just using the GPO4 or JABB pianos that are included.

Thanks for any and all help!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

The Steinway in GPO is different than the authorized Steinway. GPO one has 2 velocity layers versus GAS which has up to 20 layers. There is just no comparison with the 2 pianos. At this price, it's a great time to buy. You won't regret it!

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The Steinway in GPO is different than the authorized Steinway. GPO one has 2 velocity layers versus GAS which has up to 20 layers. There is just no comparison with the 2 pianos. At this price, it's a great time to buy. You won't regret it!

Jim
    Wish I could take advantage of the holiday sale. Unfortunately, the fact that GAS Basic only has the under-the-lid mic perspective doesn't do it for me, so I'll pony up for GAS Pro sometime next year. Before I do, I wanted to find out -- does the current version of GAS Pro work with ARIA? (I ask this because the Garritan Store lists GAS Pro as a Reason Refill, so I wasn't sure.)

Steve
    If you'd like to hear a couple of pieces I might actually finish someday, please visit my virtual concert hall.

Go Back to forum